• Register Today It's free!

Bumper Brackets

kstavinoha

Reaction score
City, State
Brazoria,TX.
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
I searched on this site and found the drawings for bumper brackets and had some made out of 1/4" plate. I will be putting the 3"BL on next week. Will the one shaped like a U need to be bent a certain way? I am trying to get ahead and have everything ready. Also what shocks did you all go with after your 3"BL? Thanks for the info. I have a 99 Sport 4WD.

kstavinoha said:
I searched on this site and found the drawings for bumper brackets and had some made out of 1/4" plate. I will be putting the 3"BL on next week. Will the one shaped like a U need to be bent a certain way? I am trying to get ahead and have everything ready. Also what shocks did you all go with after your 3"BL? Thanks for the info. I have a 99 Sport 4WD.

If you are talking about the ones I designed then yes you will either need to bend the brackets since the frame horns are offset by about an inch or do like I did and make up the difference with some thick washers. Here is my front bumper bracket:
1097front_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg

Thanks for the info. Will they need to be bent from outside in on both sides with the higher two holes being in with about 1" of off set.

Back