raceway park NJ swapmeet and car schow | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

raceway park NJ swapmeet and car schow

OMG, holy shi!t! Man that blows! All that? I thought is was just his starter?!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, as much as Matt likes to brag about the SOHC's "power" (please...), I think the most "proven" engine would be another OHV...no? Keep it all the same, right?

i dont know what exacly you mean by "proven"

but in this case most "logical" for time concerns we're thinking another OHV.. researchin it right now- made a new thread hopefully someone who knows the facts on what needs to be done will chime in.

You know its kind of funny, everyone one this board is buddy buddy with the explorer thing- but from what ive seen in these Engine Swap threads- its like "cut throat" when it comes time to talk about engines.

"SOHCS suck" "V8s eat gas and are useless" "OHV is weak and crappy" SOHC's blow up" "V8's have constant AWD" "OHV came with a crappy tranny" etc...
Arent they ALL good engines in their own way? Yea, the V8 has the most power, the OHV seems to be the most reliable, and the SOHC is the most powerful v6 and has balls (and because of the timing chain tensioners has gotten a bad REP.. let it go people.. its been fixed.)

like i said in the thread i just started... we need some experienced opinions on what to do for carlos here and we'll argue about what engine is truly better later while we're also arguing about the meaning of life..

Ok, Matt.....Don't get huffy....too much sun today?...LOL...J/k dude....No really, I think the OHV is probably the best bet for Carols since it's consistent with what his stock setup is...I mean, if the SOHC will mate nicely to his trans (which I don't know about---will it?), then maybe that's the better bet---I mean, he'll get the added HP of the SOHC engine and smoother revs-I just told you today how nice your engine revs compared to mine. I don't think that the V8 is really an option given it's added torque to an already weak (from the factory) trans.

sk1er17 said:
The X flying through the mud... no he didnt get stuck. Well he made it out of the mudhole but with one minor problem, his engines gone. I just got off the phone with him and its hydrolocked and beyond repair.

We have a very hard decision to make right now:
A)Same Motor
B)SOHC
C)V8 Swap

This needs to be done QUICK.. like this week so we cant wait for parts. If anyone has some info on the best option call my cell 609-540-2176, Im in the process of researching for him now.. he's in a shop with his truck in pieces.

I recommend these guys.... they have THE best warranty out there 3 years, 75,000 miles.... a rebuilt only gives you at best 90 days to a year... I got one when I hydrolocked at Paragon about 2 years ago and it's still running like new!! here is their website http://www.jasperengines.com/rmfg.html btw they took about 2 days to deliver and about 2 days to install... they are about $400-$500 more than a standard rebuilt... I paid about $2800..and that included labor...

Karol

So who made it to Englishtown? I did on Fri.

(for the enlightened and those in the know. haha....Railroad Salvage is a good place to hit while you are in the area)

Find any good stuff.....or points of interest?
What's the playback?

IgotTwo said:
So who made it to Englishtown? I did on Fri.

(for the enlightened and those in the know. haha....Railroad Salvage is a good place to hit while you are in the area)

Find any good stuff.....or points of interest?
What's the playback?

Spas and myself were the Maryland contigent of the group there Saturday.

a short 15 minute stop before doing up the spa thing.......if you were all the up from Maryland......Why not!!!

*is going to change her name from 'Spas' to 'Lobster' :eek: *

Man, what is with the blown engines lately??? First Cj (X24) and now Carlos? That really sucks man, best of luck gettting it fixed ASAP! (I'd stick with the same setup that was in it, just my .02 ) Glad you guys had fun without us, we were all mad tired after such a fun day saturday. *grumbles about her stupid brakes that keep glazing over*

Great to have everone back together and getting along like old times again- I just wish you three who went to the pines had been able to make it to the show too, ya slackers ;) Tex, you are a trip and a half! Very cool to meet you and your truck (who still needs a name). I really hope you can come and hang with us again soon. Mike, you're still a jack@$$ meatball; Ben, someone needs to ban you from fireworks and Tara's truck; Dave, that Bronco is awesome, please don't kill it!; Justin, thanks to you and the 'rents for all the help and floor space (How's your ankle??); Tara, you're still crazy, girl- go buy some shackles so we can put them in!; and Lizard...... welcome to the 'jersey wall in an express lane only' club and thanks for that heart attack, you fartknocker :p

WOOO! Just a few more weeks til Carlisle!!!!!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find some ice water and drown my arms in it!

Hey guys. Thanks for your sympathy. Ill be dropping in another 4.0 to save the headaches.. Right now i got my brothers z24 that im whipping around town and a POS cherokee that ill fix till the real truck is done. I will keep everyone updated.. Besides the killing my truck part it was a real fun day. Matt you did some crazy stuff with your truck and that hill.. Where are those pics??

Carlos, props to you man.....I definately would not have been as cool as you if my feet were in your shoes yesterday. A pleasure getting to meet you too....Good Luck, bro!

Carlos,

I dont have any of those pics on my camera because.... well when you're on the angles i was i couldnt get out to take the shots :p

Jay's friend has them and a bunch more- he's going to send them to me and ill be sure to post em.

and yo, ive been comming up with crazy ideas for the snorkel system after we get that new 4.0 in (incase anyone reading this doesnt know, Carlos basically re-enacted what i did last year about this time, same mud hole and everything- only difference i had the stock intake so that save me from sucking in as much water as he did with his K&N..)

Lizard,
where were you? such a dissapointment.. i dont like always being the biggest truck- who's gonna pull me out when i get stuck?

THANKS! Did you have any doubt that I would let much time pass before puttin' that beauty under my name? It's like putting a notch in your bedpost!

PICTURES!!
(i recommend on clicking "slide show" then highlighting "skip to picture 2" then just use your arrows to pan up and down... theres 79 pictures)

CLICK HERE

Just some highlights...

Bills the first one to go wheeling and ford through muddy water while steering with one hand and drinking coffee with the other:
135646174kChORr_ph.jpg

OMG, He ran over someone too!!
135646488EdzRwH_ph.jpg

I think bill has the biggest smile on his face in this pic.. if you can see him
135646839YBYedi_ph.jpg

Why im happy my trucks lifted..
135646896PwSzmR_ph.jpg

2 Fast 2 furious scene?
135646221hCbSlE_ph.jpg

This hills impossible to get up.. Almost impossible to come down!

Im the only one who went down it. Trying to get up it i almost had it but when my front tires gripped they just ripped the ground out and dug through- it wasnt hard enough for my front tires to pull me up..

yea and the jeep didnt get too far up it..
135646365cpzubi_ph.jpg

WITH A BAD RACK I MIGHT ADD :p
135646339vSzrDL_ph.jpg

I need a locker!
135646410vtEnxk_ph.jpg

This is about how far he made it up..
135646444GPutEz_ph.jpg

Carlos wouldve done it for sure.. we'll get another trip out there when his new engines in!
135646317kgmTwA_ph.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back