Sport (2-door) Lift Kits | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport (2-door) Lift Kits

99redXsport said:
what is the part number from PA for there 3" body lift. i know its for the ranger but i want to order it next week and want to make sure im ordering the right thing.

Wait, so the body lift we need to use for the two door sport is that one, which is for a Ranger? Does that require any kind of modification or extra parts, or is it an exact fit? I plan on lifting mine real soon, and all I want to do is a 3" body lift, just enough for me to fit 32's on.

Oh, and Mascman, I see you're from close to where I live...I live pretty close to Greensburg, not too far of a drive from you at all. Have you ever dealt with Pro Trucks at all in Murrysville? Think they could order me a lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thecause17 said:
I want to do is a 3" body lift, just enough for me to fit 32's on.

If you want 32's i recommend the 2" body lift- less of a hassle.. you dont need to worry about the steering extension or extending brake lines.

In that case you would get a 2" body lift for a 1994 Explorer. Then get WAR153 shackles and a TT up front and you'll fit 32's and go full flex with no rubbing. Check out my pics that was my set-up until about a week ago. I added perrys fenders and now i have 33's and no rubbing at full flex.

*I did exactly that to put 32's on my friends 97 sport also.. theres pics of him floating around too.

Hmm, I didn't know about the extensions needed for the 3". I was trying to avoid a TT, but I guess that's better than that. Would you happen to know the part number for the 2" from the '94?

I'm new to this type of suspension, what exactly are the shackles. Me thinks those are what the leafs attached to, then attach to the frame. Correct? What's a good place to get those? How much lift do the shackles give, and could I accomplish the same with a set of 4-door leafs, or do both. I apprecicate the help, I'm new to this suspension, my Ranger was a tad different.

I think Pro-Trucks are a little too expensive. Order through Summit Racing...they're in Ohio and it only takes a day to get anything.

I would do the 3" body lift. I made a steering extension by installing a u-joint to the stock shaft. If you do the search, you will find the right part number or info for the Performance accessories extension.

All the info you need can be found on these forums. I basically only used the lift blocks from another kit that I had. i made any brackets or extensions that i needed.

You don't need extended brake lines for the body lift...I have 9" of lift and still didn't need to extend the lines. You will have to bend them a little so they don't rub, but that's easy.

I don't exactly have the ability to make a steering extension,and I don't have parts laying around to make a lift out of. So what I need is something I can just buy and install, not have to manufacture my own parts. If I can just buy the extension, that's great. I just don't have the time or the means to make it, and I don't wanna mess up my truck.

So which is it, extend brake lines or not? This would be importand info for me to know before I go and buy one of these lifts. I'm trying to be as careful as possible when doing this. This is my only vehicle, and I want it to stay as nice as I can, and I want installs and mods done the right way, not rigged.

My post said that you can find the correct part number for the extension...not that you have to make one. I was just saying that I used a different kit to let you know that I cannot provide part numbers. Did you do any searches? I believe that you have to order one kit and then get a different extension from another kit.

I stated that my brakelines are still stock with 9" of lift. Do you think you'll need them extended for a 3" body lift?

Shackles: desertrat.com i think has the best price. Id do those + the 4door leaf packs.

TT: been running for 2+ years now and no problems so dont worry about it.

Body lift: You're in the same boat i was- heres a thread i started and i think i asked every question possible Click Here . I went with the 2" because of the simplicity of it. Ive done two of them and both came out sweet. Looks better too cause thats an inch less that you'll see of the frame ;)

On a last note: if you ever did want to go with 33's- even with the 3" BL you're going to need trimimng (unless you get some small 33's). The set-up i have is easy to install and never rubbed with 32's, and a simple upgrade to perrys and i fit 33's without any rubbing... its your choice though. I like the fact that people cant tell i have a BL- it looks like all suspension.

BTW: Click here
Kit PER792-2 is the kit i used. $86 from there. I think someone might even be selling it on this site... i remember seeing it in the FSOT board.

And if you choose to do 3" body lift.. Click Here
Kit PER883 is the one you'll need... $146

If you are going to do the work, may as well do the 3" now. It isn't anymore of a hassle to install. That extra inch is one less you will have to achieve with the TT AND less trimming.

As far as seeing the frame, it isn't even noticeable. On S-10s it really stands out, but the Explorer's body covers more frame to begin with so it still looks great even with a 3"BL.

This is a pic of a common set-up with 3" body lift, TT, shackles and 33" tires.
Can you notice the frame sticking out much? Most guys have nerfs and that hides any gap anyway.
Explorer.jpg

What about brackets for the bumpers, so they come up with the body? Do the kits come with those, or do I have to get those somewhere?

I may just go with the 3", but I know I'm never going to go with anything bigger than a 32" for my Ex. I was contemplating the 2", with a TT, and shackles in the rear with 4-door leafs.

I'll take any advice I can get, I'm new to this, I've always dealt with cars when it came to suspension. :hammer:

How much lift does the sport get by switching to the 4 door leafs, or is it just a stiffer spring?

it gives no lift just allows you to use add a leafs and it will help with your back end from drooping down.

Back