Utah Explorers | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Utah Explorers

Going up that is the fun part :burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

vehicle requirements

Hey go off road!

What are the vehicle requirements are needed for Rattlesnake?

Nitrous SSC there are other trails to drive in the area. I've never wheeled there just drove past a million times. Most people ride atv's there but there is room for us in trucks. It is just west of Cedar Fort which is west of Lehi. It is about 30 min from Camp Williams.

Oh one more thing Nitrous SSC your explorer wouldn't have any problem depending on how much body damage your willing to take :roll: ;)

Dewdog

Do not do the trail alone bring a strap you can get stuck easy, you need 33.s and maybe a rear locker and a 4 inch lift and rocker and tank skids and you can get body damge with out a spoter but a fun trail and watch out for snakes and spiders LOL

alot of the trails of done around bountiful and farmington are ATV's :)

Although I don't want to trash the body since she's my daily driver/business ride.

I already dented one of my running boards pretty good and definatly don't plan on doing that again.

well lets hook up

Lets set up a date and go out im open for anyday this week any time im on vacation.I have seen three explorers here in tooele with solid axle conversions and one is a really nice set up.But i have never seen the drivers to talk to them so i just drive on by.But i would love to go wheeling ive just been doing a little here in the tooele mountains.And would like to go out with some other explorer members. The cruzer :chug:

Anyone want to meet up at the Bountiful "B" tonight and get a little muddy :) And then maybe head over to the centerville area.

Post here if you'd like to meet up. I was thinking a semi-late night start at about 6-7PM

I'll check here before I leave work today.

I might be up for that. I haven't been in the mud for awhile.

Sweet! Give me a call if you want to meet up. 791-4080

so far it will be myself, possibly a lifted K5 blazer (if he dosn't ride with me) and a mostly F150 with 32's

Well we definatly had a blast last night. We went through the mud pits and did some hill climbing at the bountiful B and then we went throu some lake sized water holes in centerville.

My friends lifted K5 Blazer started puking ATF everywhere and it turns out since his Motor mounts were busted the tranny case CRACKED! and 2 of 4 bolts that hold the Transfercase to the tranny came out. We re-filled it with ATF and I followed him home. We Actualy made it back to layton!

Anyway Thanks again to Mike and his buddy for coming out. They snapped some cool digital pics and I Can't wait till he posts em.

Here's a few pics. Sorry the quality isn't the best, my camera kinda sucks.

Attachments

• MVC-002SE.jpg
    MVC-002SE.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 142
  • MVC-003SE.jpg
    MVC-003SE.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 146
  • MVC-006SE.jpg
    MVC-006SE.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 151

Rock On!!!

Attachments

• MVC-007SE.jpg
    MVC-007SE.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 146
  • MVC-010SE.jpg
    MVC-010SE.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 144
  • MVC-011SE.jpg
    MVC-011SE.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 143

I can't go to 5 mile on the 22nd some things came up. But I am planning a trail at the base of deseret peak. I haven't been up the trail but I know it is mild. I doubt I will need the T-case but it beats cleaning the house.

Bad ass pics! :)

I just can't believe how dry it was considering how much it has rained lately.

Hay guys I thought I would just say HI. I am buying my explorer today. I curently have a 91 4runner which does realy good offroad but has 212k miles on it and is about dead.

Anyway I am picking up my 97 XLT tonight. I look forward to doing some offroading with you guys :)... I hope I can fit my 31's off my 4runner onto the explorer :)

Nitrous SSC are you a member of numoa? If so was your car a cop car? If so do you or did you used to work at a ford dealer? HAHA anyway if you the one I am thinking of we know each other from a few years ago when I used to have a mustang.

Yarrrrrr mateys! I live in bountiful, Utah. (Just barely north of SLC) I'd LOVE to go wheelin' with you guys but my engine blew up! ARGH! Once it gets fixed, we'll go out there. Bet my almost-stock 93 limited kicks your butts! :D ;) Oh yeah, I blew a hub too so I gotta fix that. :( DAMN U AUTO HUB POS'S! I'm glad to find out I'm not the ONLY one in utah who's a member of this site.

Wow.. there are a lot of peeps now haha!

Robert- Sorry I didnt send out all of the picts. My ****ty 56k was having problems. There are about 5 left that I need to send off.
-Jake

zizux: The person that works at the ford dealer with the ex cop car thats now a Saleen is actualy a good friend of mine. His name is john northrup.

You might know me anyway though as I usualy hang out with him and other stang owners around.

Your 31's should fit fine :) I had my 265/75/16's (32's) on for about 3-4 days before I did the 2" BL and It hardly rubbed off road.

Premier said:
Wow.. there are a lot of peeps now haha!

Robert- Sorry I didnt send out all of the picts. My ****ty 56k was having problems. There are about 5 left that I need to send off.
-Jake

Starting to get more and more.

I haven't got any pics yet? HMMMM wonder what's up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone have plans yet for the next wheelin outing?

Back