Digger's Explorer saved his life | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digger's Explorer saved his life

Well today my X was totalled. I have some pictures as well. The guy that caused the accident ran a red light and hit the driver side. Then pushed the X over to the curb and that's when the X went 1/2 on to is side when it hit a metal traffic light pole that smashed in the roof. the rear drive shaft ripped out, none of the doors close and some don't open. If i had a passenger they would have been killed. I escaped with a messed up sholdier but should be fine. If you have questions ask me. On to the pictures......
881811-med.jpg

88189-med.jpg

88188-med.jpg

88187-med.jpg

88186-med.jpg

88185-med.jpg

881841-med.jpg

881831.jpg

881821.jpg

881811-med.jpg

As a side note this was on Sat. The perfect night with this hot girl! :)
8818Caroline_and_the_Stool_4_edited.jpg

8818Dave_Caroline_Funny_1_edited-med.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Digger, bro, I am sorry to see that happened but relieved to know you're alright. I guess I won't check for that auto-dimming mirror when I stop at the salvage yard now. :)

In reality, it's fantastic that the vehicle took the beating and not you. The Explorer is a piece of steel; it can be purchased again. Good luck with your recovery, and good luck with a new vehicle search. Make sure you get that guy's insurance company by the balls.

Wow...that sucks....What happened to your shoulder?

Glad you're ok man. Hope all works out with insurance, etc.

you don't want the brush guard. it is kinda bent a little and plus itsn't that good. As far as the speed i was going. i was going about 35-40. the regular speed limit. The guy was going like 5 mph turning into Lowes. The insurance has not priced the worth of the car. I hope it is about 5K or more. I'm on the look out for a yellow Jeep Wrangler, 97 or higher year with a 5 speed manual transmission. that's my goal. if you know where i can get one let me know.

this morning the sholdier is stiff as hell! doing alright though.

Crankcase said:
Wow...that sucks....What happened to your shoulder?

i over stretched some muscles. the sholdier took a ton of weight onto it in the accedent. my whole sholdier is brused.

Like what I said, I'm very glad that you're alive!! You can't miss your own high school graduation, bud, because I'll be going there!!! I'll give ya a call later when I get back into town for good. SUMMER BREAK BABY!!! :D

holy cripes! Glad you're ok bro.

-=bmacd=-

Digger196 said:
I hope it is about 5K or more. I'm on the look out for a yellow Jeep Wrangler, 97 or higher year with a 5 speed manual transmission. that's my goal. if you know where i can get one let me know.

Good luck finding one for a good price. I've been searching for one for 1.5 months now and they just want rediculous prices for really beat up Wranglers. Unfortunately, your best time to buy will be November-January. There are ton's of wrangler's in the Carolina's, they just want some serious bank for em at all of the used car lots. You should be able to pick up a nice 97-98 from a private seller for fairly decent. Go for the '98, the 4.0L's got a D30/D44 with a 3.73 (vs D30/D35 3.07 in '97), cruise control became and option, and AC was all but standard (for the Sports that I was looking at)

Good luck with your search and hope your shoulder gets better.

The one good thing, your wheels/tires will bolt right on to a wrangler and you'll only need some 2" Daystar spring spacers to fit 'em.

Remember that you don't need to accept the first settlement offer for your truck from the guy's insurance company. This is negotiable. They will try to lowball you so don't be in too big a hurry to settle..

How about this? I found it on Autotrader for ya ;)

'99 sport 5-speed. for $10,999 got 76k on it though :(
816490869.161434680.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Here isthe link

damn bro from the look of that truck i wouldnt expect anyone to be breathing let alone walk away..very glad u are ok
sad to losse u to the heeps though =)

i hope all goes well from here on out bro

i didn't knopw that the wheels will bolt right on! thanks for that tip!

all i want is a jeep wrnagler 97 or newer out of the crash. that's all i want. if i get that everything will be just fine.

Davo: glad to hear you're ok, sucks that happened, hope everything works out for you.

Digger196 said:
i didn't knopw that the wheels will bolt right on! thanks for that tip!

Yeah man, 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, those BFG Mud's on Rockcrawlers would look great on a Wrangler.

And Stic-O... 76k on that Jeep 4.0L and AX-15 5spd tranny is nothing. Both of those are very reliable

Damn! I'm glad you are alright. That must have been one hell of a ride. I really liked your Explorer too. I hope everything works out for you.

Wow, you are so lucky. I can't believe it! Stuff happens soo fast. Glad to see you're ok, but sorry for the Explorer. Good to see it did its job though.

Dave, that totally sucks. Glad to hear you are ok though. I agree with the other guys. Don't take the first offer, get as much as you can from that idiots insurance company

Back