Digger's Explorer saved his life | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digger's Explorer saved his life

Well today my X was totalled. I have some pictures as well. The guy that caused the accident ran a red light and hit the driver side. Then pushed the X over to the curb and that's when the X went 1/2 on to is side when it hit a metal traffic light pole that smashed in the roof. the rear drive shaft ripped out, none of the doors close and some don't open. If i had a passenger they would have been killed. I escaped with a messed up sholdier but should be fine. If you have questions ask me. On to the pictures......
881811-med.jpg

88189-med.jpg

88188-med.jpg

88187-med.jpg

88186-med.jpg

88185-med.jpg

881841-med.jpg

881831.jpg

881821.jpg

881811-med.jpg

As a side note this was on Sat. The perfect night with this hot girl! :)
8818Caroline_and_the_Stool_4_edited.jpg

8818Dave_Caroline_Funny_1_edited-med.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah i just went wheeling with a Grand Cheroke the other day and lets just say the open diffs in it did not help it at all. I wonder why they put open diffs on a "trail rated" 4x4?. Ohh and the ford 8.8 will always dominate the d35!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

'05 Grand Cherokees have IFS.
You're kidding. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being a jeep? What's next, IFS on the Wrangler? Do they still make the cherokee?

Gonzo said:
You're kidding. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being a jeep? What's next, IFS on the Wrangler? Do they still make the cherokee?
nope, its called the liberty now, and that's IFS, too

Damn, sorry to hear about your truck. At least you walked away. Just wanted to say don't take a settlement from the insurance company for a while. I had almost the same thing happen to me in January. I was really stiff for a week and one morning I woke up and flat out could not move. Four months later I'm still going to the chiropractor to get straightened out. Everyday around noon my back starts hurting and gets worse as the day goes by. The insurance company sent me a check two days after the accident and wanted me to sign my rights away. If I would have done that I'd be stuck with all the medical bills from that date on(so far around 4k). I'm not advocating screwing the insurance company over but just be careful what you sign because they aren't looking out for you.

:( not cool, i always liked your truck alot. good to hear you are ok though and i guess in the long run thats what matters.

well i got a jeep cherokee. there was a awesome deal on it. it is a 1998. i like it alot. i'll post pictures when i lift it and all.

Digger196 said:
well i got a jeep cherokee. there was a awesome deal on it. it is a 1998. i like it alot. i'll post pictures when i lift it and all.

go with long arms from the beggining, you wont be sorry, congrats man.

i'm going with the 5.5" RE lift extreme duty with the rear leaf pack and long arms. i'm going all out for the lift.

did you see the link?
less than a week and you are the j**pers new ridicule :(
attachment.php

nweibley said:
Stay away from the jeep crowd, most of them are assholes anyways.

No crap... I was driving around Ft. Collins tonight with my muddy stock Explorer... At a stop light, this big guy in a big shiny clean jeep is looking at my truck... I'm going straight and he's in the left turn lane... When the light turns green I hear some yelling, so I turn off my stereo and look out my window... This guy in the shiny jeep is screaming at me, with a 100% genuine look of fury on his face... I didn't quite make out what he was so mad about... So I'm left to assume I'm either not supposed to go straight, or that I have a nice muddy stock Explorer with explorer4x4.com stickers, and he's stuck in his girly sparkly bling bling chromed out jeep afraid to go up a gravel driveway because he might get his paint dusty...

That's my evil jeeper story... I can't say I've run into any other trouble makers in jeeps though, so they can't be all bad

Digger196 said:
i'm going with the 5.5" RE lift extreme duty with the rear leaf pack and long arms. i'm going all out for the lift.

My buddy just put a 3.5" RE kit with rear leaf packs and new control arms and adj track bar. He was going to get the 4.5" Long Arm kit but I talked him out of it b/c then you need a new driveshaft, a SYE, and it costs alot more. He's got 31's and it looks/performs awesome. his flex is great and he can kick my butt any day off road (more ground clearance, better flex, and a lower center of gravity... i hate how high the CG is on an explorer :()

Cool, you're going to really like the XJ. I've got a 1992 XJ that I'm thinking of building up. That 4.0 and AW4 trans will last forever (mine has over 240K). Stay away from the JU. The only thing it's good for is Off Topic, which is damn funny (only because everyone there is an a-hole and it makes for good entertainment during down time at work). Go to www.naxja.com Lots of good tech advice and good people.

Mike

Re:

DAMN! I wanted your wheels and Grille.

Just saw this thread now. That's horrible. Glad you're ok and no body was in the passengers seat. Just make sure to cover all your bases because there's some sketchy people out there that will turn the tables on you before you can do anything about it. Hope everything works out.

Yeah dude, I just came across this thread too. I am real sorry about your truck. I have been following your build up since the beginning. Good luck with your JEEP! Keep us updated with your mods...

Back