• Register Today It's free!

Gettin 20s, hows these for looks?

Jellysick

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited
Just as the title says, the shop I am getting them from said he would have them tomorrow, and we can hold them up next to my tires on there now just to make sure I like them...

http://www.pantherwheel.com/2004/wheels/415.htm

He said he would put 'Falkens' on them wheels... ? Is that a good tire?

Well let me know what you think of that wheel. I am debating between something like that or something of a more solid 5 or 6 spoke.

Thanks for the input!

John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really like those rims... they look well-made, and the Falken tires have good reputations going for them as well (at least as far as I know). What size tire are you planning on running? Most people on this site (myself included) are running 275/45/20's...

Congrats on the purchase... you'll love them!

I was planning on 275/45/20 just because of the research I have done on what people typically run. From what I have seen, this leaves a small enough sidewall to look nice and aggressive yet its not like truck would be riding on the rim itself. So yea, thats what I have been looking at.

Thanks for the opinion on the rims.... It is much appreciated - I have a really hard time picking them out without seeing them on the truck.

There is another fella that has an '02 with 20's on 275/45/20. From the looks of it, it looks too small (he, too, agreed). It leaves too much room in the wheel well like you're running spare tires all around. To fix this is to run slightly taller tire set up or lower your truck 1.5 inches. Just my opinion.

I've looked around but can't seem to find 275/50/20 but there are a couple of different brands that offer 275/55/20. But those might be too tall for your taste. I don't know. Personally, I would get the 275/55 and lower it 1.5 inches. But that's just me. I'm weird I guess... :rolleyes:

Well here is the link to the tires and wheels that came into the shop. We could only go as far as sitting the rim on the explorer without the tire mounted. I am finding it SO hard to figure out if these will actually look good on the truck. I dont think I really want to do the whole lowering thing. But it turns out nice that these 275/45/20 tires are the same size as the stock tires on my 16" wheels.

http://s94685991.onlinehome.us/akuzaweb/index.htm

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again!

toyo offers a 275/50/20 flik's got it on his ride

The 3rd gens with those rims look clean, I've seen quite a few on cardomain that are extremely clean. I run Falken (and so does boomin too?) 275/45/20s, and I absolutely love them. Some people go with the original GY Eagle GTIIs.. the tread on the GYs aren't agressive at all compared to the Falkens. I think you'll really like that setup. BTW, lowering the truck ~1.5" will give you more handling as well, and of course better looks. ;)

X~FACTOR said:
lower your truck 1.5 inches.

I agree. Lowering would help the look a lot!! Big fan of lowered trucks just dont have the dough to get rims and do it.

3,6,7 look good... i dotn like the others

personal choice: 4

I can't see you going wrong with any of them. Seriously, they all look good. Are they all priced the same? That might be the deciding factor.

You know my choice.. ;)

Back