Onboard Air

Installed an Onboard Air system..

The Specs:
Air Lift Air Compressor produced my Viair
5 Gallon air tank

Performance:
0-120 PSI in 6 minutes
20# to 35 lbs not yet measured

Oh yeah case some of you are wondering.. yes that is duct tape on the hose.. The metal on it was frayed and I got tired of getting metal slivers in my hand while making the quick disconnect for it.. It doesn't leak but I have to file down the slivers so it ain't as bad.

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty Cool. where do you get the power for it from?

I ran a 8 guage wire from the switch back to the battery. It only puts out 20 amps but I want to be safe than sorry.

Ahh...Ok.

what kind of tools is it strong enough to use? how long will they last you? what model # is that compressor and whats its duty cycle?

jimabena74 said:
what kind of tools is it strong enough to use? how long will they last you? what model # is that compressor and whats its duty cycle?

Not sure on the model # but I believe it is equivalent to a 300 series Viair compressor.. The duty cycle is 33%. It can run an impact wrench for bursts for removing a tire and other small task but thats about it. I primarily bought it just for airing up tires.

ah..... eventually i want to be able to cahnge a tire on the side of the road with an impact gun... and still be able to air up the tires...

jim, get CO2 and you will be able to do that. that's what i'm going to do.

jimabena74 said:
ah..... eventually i want to be able to cahnge a tire on the side of the road with an impact gun... and still be able to air up the tires...

go to this site.. http://www.onboardair.com and you will find different ways of getting enough flow to run air tools. For electric compressors there is the Oasis which is basically a york AC compressor run with a electric motor.. Running at 24 volts it'll put out enough to run air tools..

Back