What to do with the top on my sport??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What to do with the top on my sport???

Jacked93

Reaction score
City, State
Parker, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
I am buying a 91 Sport for a new project. I was planning on cutting the top off right after the doors, but my brother thinks otherwise. He suggested cutting it off after the first side window, or not cutting it at all. I figured I would see what everyone else thought before I made my decision. So let me know what you think.

THanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO, I wouldn't cut it at all.

well are you lifting it ? SAS pr TTB? Trail rig only?

It will have a solid axle, lifted, and caged. It will probably be mostly a trail rig, but I still want to be able to drive it on the street and cruise it around in the summer. I am planning on taking most of the stuff that is on my ex now and putting it on this one. At first I was all about cutting the top of, but now I am having some second thoughts. Appreciate the help.

I suggest cutting it after the rear doors.

It is a sport so it is only a two door, you still think I should cut it?

Yeah, it is Bad A$$, but I wonder how much different a sport will look without the top. I still have some time to decide, cause I gotta find a way to go get the sport. It is in Texas and I am in Colorado, need to figure something out quick. Thanks for the help :chug:

I'll be cutting mine soon, but I have to wait on a few varibles with my job situation. I already took the doors off a few months back and enjoy the open feeling of it all. When I cut mine I'm cutting from the b-pillar back and then afxing a hinge on the rear tailgate. The latch should work the same, but you just won't have the upper glass part and it will swing down instead of up. As to what it may look like, I don't really give an isht. Its a truck, it's not supposed to be pretty.

Any other opinions????

Back