rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
Jeez I had to do a double take!!! Those things are mini Jeep Grand Cherokees!!!! I swear I looked at the rear end and as I got closer I was sitting there going jeez is that a smaller Grand Cherokee or what? Then I saw the Ford sign and that sorta made it look even differn't. I don't know how many of you have seen these yet but I have to say they are pretty cool looking. Bigger then I had thought too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alls I can say about those is at least they are as bad as or nearly as ugly as the pontiac aztec's

Oh gawd...I was eating breakfast today and saw a commercial for the Aztek. I nearly threw up in my Rice Krispies...

Nothing can be AS bad as the Pontiac Aztec. I really would never buy an Escape though. They've had too many problems. Now that they've stopped sale and even halted all test drives, thats icing on the cake. I can see it coming, this is going to be a problem vehicle for Ford.

It's been a long time since the Edsel. Maybe they're due for a dud. ;)

Escape is a good market tool for Ford.

I liked the idea of the Escape when I first read about it. Then I saw in the latest Motor Trend, how it got hung up on a rock in Death Valley that all the other trucks rolled over. That pretty much seals the fate of the Escape to be an On-Road only vehicle. Sounds like it would be a good vehicle to take to the ski slopes too. Other than that, soccer mom mobile.

Escape

From what I've heard it will be pumping out 200hp.

FlyAU, I saw one in person, imagine how I felt Dead Link Removed

[Edited by 2001ExpSport on 08-02-2000 at 09:19 PM]

After reading some of these posts I went to the Pontiac Aztek site thinking, "It can't be that bad". Well, it is! What the H - E - double toothpicks do some engineers think?

-----Hey we have a new chassis coming out...let's stretch out the Lemans body and redesign the front end...that'll be cool. The Lemans was such a good seller! -----

This thing is going to flop. After getting an upset stomach from looking at that Axtek thingy, the Escape doesn't look that bad. There target market is the people that are buying the Toyota and Honda mini-SUV's and I think they may have a chance if they can work out the bugs.

I also saw they will have 200hp - piss me off, that's more than my `96 4.0L.

Hey, we may only have 160 horsies but we have 225 lb/ft of torque which is a respectable number.

I think it was car and driver or something like that, but they were saying that Pontiac says the Aztec will be a love it or hate it kind of car. Car and driver then replied that they think it will be the second choice. That is the first time I have ever seen car and driver say something so harsh! lol

But anyway.....the Escape just looks odd to me. Kinda like a neutered Explorer. I don't know.....don't think I would drive it. Now the sad thing is that my girlfriend likes them better than the Sport trac. So I bought her a Ranger! :)

I don't think you will meet anyone that likes it, just people that are sorry they bought it.

Headline from Car and Driver's test of the Escape:

"We do not usualy get the opportunity to use the word "phenominal". This is one of those times"

I am going to sit back and see how these puppies sell. Here in SOuth Florida, it is SUV heaven, I think they will do well, and as soon as they iron out the bugs, give me a few months and I will be able to buy that boat I have had my eye on.

hehehehhee. I don't know how much Ford paid for the review! Everything I have heard is positive (If you do not mind carrying vise-grips with you to stter when the wheel falls off!) ;)

Back