Exact details of recall | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exact details of recall

chipscher

Reaction score
As some of you may know, i am an Internet Sales Manager at a Ford Dealer in South Florida. I have the exact details of the recall. they are as follows:

the vehicles listed below are OEM with recalled tires:

91-96 Ranger
91-96 Explorer
96 Mountaineer
91-94 F-150
97-2000 Explorer (except Eddie Bauer and limited)
97-2000 Mountaineer
97-2000 Ranger

the tires recalled are the P235-75R15 ATX, and P235 75 R15 Wilderness AT

You can tell if you have a bad tire by looking at the inboard sidewall (side facing inside the vehicle). If that says "DOT VDHL" then you have a bad tire.

I hope this helps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Correction

The 97 and 98 Limiteds are incuded in the recall as well. Ford upgraded to 16 inch wheels on this trim with the 99 redesign.

Can I get new tires for my ATX tires that I used to have?

Originally posted by chipscher
As some of you may know, i am an Internet Sales Manager at a Ford Dealer in South Florida. I have the exact details of the recall. they are as follows:

the vehicles listed below are OEM with recalled tires:

91-96 Ranger
91-96 Explorer
96 Mountaineer
91-94 F-150
97-2000 Explorer (except Eddie Bauer and limited)
97-2000 Mountaineer
97-2000 Ranger

the tires recalled are the P235-75R15 ATX, and P235 75 R15 Wilderness AT

You can tell if you have a bad tire by looking at the inboard sidewall (side facing inside the vehicle). If that says "DOT VDHL" then you have a bad tire.

I hope this helps.

chipscher
Let's not scare everybody any more than neccessary.
'You can tell if you have a bad tire by looking at the inboard sidewall (side facing inside the vehicle). If that says "DOT VDHL" then maybe you have a bad tire.'

The '97 and '98 limiteds are NOT included in the recall, those tires did not come from the Decatur plant.

ALL wilderness and atx tires with the DOT VDHL tires are bad. This information is coming straight from the emergency service directive straight from Ford.

Yes, i am Sure

Even though the size and brand are the same, they came from different factories. The tires affected are those from the Decatur plant only.

Back