Where's it Go??

4x4Hunter

Reaction score
City, State
Watertown, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Ok.

I've had my explorer up in storage for about a year now because of the rockers being all rusted out and not having found anyone who can weld the newer ones in. Anyway, for the sake of keeping the engine fresh i decided to go down and turn the engine over. I was looking around and noticed that there was a hose hanging from the rear. The hose is about half way from the wheel to the pumpkin on the driver side of the rear axle. The one end actually goes to the axle but the other end has become disconnected and i dont know where it goes or what exactly it went to. If anyone can run out to there explorer or just peek at a manual for me and let me know I'd appreciate it very much

Thanks
Noel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whats on the end of the hose, it might just be a breather hose.

Thats what i'm trying to figure out. The hose ends with just hose...no metal brackets or anything like that. Its connected to the middle of the axle, driverside, I would say its a soft rubber..... I was thinking it might be a breather hose too, but i dont want to move the truck if its something that would cause damage by not being connected

Can you identify the breather hose for the differential? The stock breather hose is about 8 to 12-inches long and should enter the top of the pumpkin. The only other thing it could be is a vacumn hose. But you have described a differential breather hose.

on my 92 there is a hose that goes into the axle on the left side approx. half way between the wheel and the diff like you described, it just goes up and hooks onto a clamp that is attached to the body, must just be a breather hose for the axle

It is the breather hose for the diffy.

Thanks

Looks like thats all it was was a breather hose.

better off checking first and driving second than the other way around

Thanks for the responds!!

Noel

Back