Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

2017 Explorer 3.5, both banks rich

So I was getting misfires in cylinders 5 and 6 so put in new plugs and fuel injectors. Fixed the misfire but now I'm getting a rich code in both banks, with fuel trims to match. Short term fuel trims at idle are at about -12% bank 1, -7% bank 2 with some fluctuation, long term fuel trims in...
  2. H

2006 abs problem

Update - you might recall I traced my problem down to a cracked tone ring on the passenger side, replaced it and was still getting a sporadic ABS/Traction Control light. I struggled with a few more tests on the passenger side wiring, sensor, etc., and finally pulled my head out of my arse long...
  3. H

Testing a pretensioner in an '06 Explorer

Hey all. Getting the B2292 code in an '06 Exploder. The air bag light doesn't flash to let you know which side. That was too convenient for Ford to continue doing. But I had a Ford tech scan it and tell me it is the passenger side pretensioner. I understand that a retractor fault is a different...
  4. H

2006 abs problem

Thanks! May be a wiring issue. Solenoid in evap system had a bad wire and I'm have an unexplained right pretensioner code too. They're all in the same harness and a new pretensioner and speed sensor did nothing. I'll update after checking the circuit.
  5. H

2006 abs problem

Same problem in my 06 Exploder. ABS/Traction Control light was coming on every time we reached 10 MPH for the first time and would stay on until we shut the car down. Right rear sensor code led me to replace the speed sensor, but it had no effect, so I checked the tone ring (like I should have...
  6. H

ABS Traction Control Problem

Same problem here with a 06 Exploder. ABS and Traction Control light would come on after we reached 10mph and would stay on until we shut her down. Tone ring was split. Replaced it (part # 7L2Z-2C182-A for the guy that asked) and now the same lights come on and turn off sporadically. Pretty sure...
  7. H

2006 Eddie Bauer electrical issues

I have a 2006 Eddie Bauer with Automatic 4WD, traction control and a 4.6L. I am getting all sorts of weird codes. I got an evap system engine light, but the solenoid, canister and system checked out fine. I got a rear right speed sensor code that trips the ABS and traction control warning...
  8. H

Mercon/Mercon V Question

Thanks Sonne. Very helpful. I'll do a flush. FYI, I was able to trace the bucking to an ignition issue. Coil was cooked on cylinder 7 and plug was firing weakly and only sporadically. Nice to learn that my truck has the idiotic plug design with the electrode shield carbon build-up that...
  9. H

Mercon/Mercon V Question

Thanks guys. But I know (now) that V is not compatible with SP. Just hoping for some feedback on whether about 10 oz of the wrong fluid mixed with the other 12 quarts of the right fluid might be causing my problems or might cause other problems. It's not acting like I'd expect a tranny to act...
  10. H

Mercon/Mercon V Question

I replaced the radiator and lost a bit of fluid in my 06 Explorer with the 6 speed automatic. I stupidly relied upon the Advanced Auto guy too, and put about 3/4 of a quart (1/4 spilled on the ground, thankfully) of Mercon V in it. It calls for Mercon SP. Now I'm getting bucking at...
  11. H

5.0 awd problems in the snow

Thanks Don. You're right, it is A-4WD. So do you agree that one front side may be causing the pulling/fishtailing sensation?
  12. H

Why Does My 5.0 Awd Xlt Suck In The Snow????

thanks for the punk reply. I've been driving in the snow since you were spanking the monkey to the TV guide. I was actually hoping to hear from someone who knows the A-4WD system. Any HELPFUL people out there?
  13. H

Why Does My 5.0 Awd Xlt Suck In The Snow????

Having issues with my 06 Eddie Bauer AWD v8 getting squirrelly on me in slippery conditions. It almost feels as though it's pulling itself into a fishtail, even when I'm not on the gas much. Lousy tires, but that wouldn't seem to explain the pulling and floating into a fishtail. I'm thinking...
  14. H

5.0 awd problems in the snow

I have a 2006 Eddie Bauer with AWD and push button 4WD. Drove it on light snow and it floats and fishtails badly, like it's pulling to one side from time to time. Feel like its going to spin out. Also happens in 4WD, and I get a fair amount or grinding. Does that sound like I have a bad CV on...
  15. H

Transmission Cooler Line Disconnect / Radiator Question

Do the fuel line disconnect tools work?
  16. H

96 V8 Explorer, broken spark plug *pics inside of what I used*

Absolutely do NOT start that beast. Assuming there are no chunks large enough to smash between the piston and head, you will, at a minimum, score the hell out of your cylinder wall and destroy your valves. Bummer. I've tried the cheesy easy outs before...they always have just snapped on...
  17. H

Got the broken plugs out! Like magic...this string was VERY helpful, particularly the part about letting it cool before trying. A little counterintuitive for me...I always erroneously assume that a hot bolt is easier to remove. But here, you are right: swelling the head only closes the hole...
  18. H

Electrohacker, how did things work out for you? Did that 303-1203 removal tool work? It is designed for 5.4 liters that have the two-piece plugs, but I'm wondering if it'll work on the 5.0 snapped threads. My problem looks similar to those pictured above-the plug snapped at the hex head...
Back