Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Supercharger install begins this weekend!

So... any progress?
  2. M

So has anybody else had their ABS try to kill them lately...

This is my problem it'll come on while I'm still slowing down, not skidding. Once applied I've tryed to mash the pedal, to the point of standing on the pedal, but cannot seem to loose any speed. So based on the replies so far, I take it this isn't normal?
  3. M

FRAM filters---bad investment

This is new to me. I have never had an issue with a FRAM filter. OP are you sure the last filter wasn't cross-threaded? It would explain what a b!tch it was to remove and the improper seal. The next filter would be inclined to follow the cross-thread. Not trying to start an argument just don't...
  4. M

What setup do you plan on running?
  5. M

So has anybody else had their ABS try to kill them lately...

I only ask because this is the third time my ABS has fully released my brakes (to the point of gaining speed). So here's the situation: I was driving down a mostly plowed road entering a left turn lane, I was applying about half a pedal's worth of pressure when I hear the moaning of the ABS...
  6. M

Hell yeah man, take a lot of pictures and keep us posted, looking forward to seeing some real world numbers too
  7. M

RCD Lift FAQ

Thanks for the help. I ended up welding two nuts to the tire side of the spindles, and bolting some loose fitting pipe clamps. It seems to work fine and with a little paint looks like it was part of the kit.
  8. M

anyone lift there X with stock tires?

What size are you running? I forget if the E/B came with the 30.5" tires?It should look fine eitherway, it only starts to look wierd when you put about 3-5" of lift on it and run stock tires. But personally I like the look of larger wheel well clearence; it will make it look more truck like.
  9. M

Need Help! Cant find a lift kit for a 2001 Explorer XLT

If you're only looking for 3" you can pick up a body lift from Performance Accesories fairly cheap -- PA883 or PA853, I beileve-- but you will have to make your own bumper brackets (the kits are made for a Ranger). If you want to go suspension; RCD made a 5" lift/coil-over conversion for the...
  10. M

RCD Lift FAQ

Has anyone had any issue with the brake lines that come with this kit? I have been running it or almost a year and I'm on my third set. Mounted upward on the caliper they rub my tires, and downward they snap over time. Just curious if this is normal or if I have something mounted wrong?
  11. M

Brush Guard / Bumper Question...

I'm not sure if there's one near you... but I know a 97 bumper at Cerifit is about $50, you just have to get it painted.
  12. M

RCD Lift FAQ

Thanks... but your link doesn't work
  13. M

RCD Lift FAQ

Sorry if this is a dumb question but... I'm new to the forum, just wondering if anyone knew of a way to get a couple extra inches out of the coil-overs? i.e. longer springs, additional spring lengths, repositioning mounts. My rear end is currently 4" higher than my front just looking to get the...
  14. M

Hello fellow members

How is your idle? If your idle is loping a bit it can make you feel like you're surging foreward at a stop.
Back