Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

ABS light won't go off

I may try that as a last resort.
  2. N

ABS light won't go off

nah, 2wd as weak as it is, I couldn't drive it if it was a 4wd ;-)
  3. N

ABS light won't go off

thanks guys I did disconnect the battery, and I think I checked the fuse, I may replace it anyway. I didn't know if I may have messed up a wheel cylinder somehow or something, being it was the back brakes, they don't grab that much when braking anyway. thanks again
  4. N

Heat Always on 97 V6 manual heat/air

thanks Tom, wish I had found this site a long time ago.
  5. N

Common problems by year...

97 XLT AWD 4.0 V6 Where do I start? Early on Seat Adjustment lever broke. X would cut off if I put it in drive. Dealer said I had been driving it in a pond or something and there was moisture and dirt in some connection between Tranny and motor and it was grounding out. They wanted to...
  6. N

thanks TPLYNCH and '96explorereddiebauer I'll try to find that other door. After that I'll see what to do from there. We just got a recall notice for something, haven't checked in on it yet. I am not real satisfied with my Explorer or Ford. At 98K crankshaft broke in two. (no internal...
  7. N

'96explorereddiebauer , not sure if that is the door that opens and closes that covers up the squirrel cage fan(located behind the glove box), it opens and closes depending on if it is set on MAX AC or not. If I remember right it is open if I set it to MAX AC, but is closed any other time...
  8. N

ABS light won't go off

I have a 94 Ranger 4banger A lady pulled out in front of me and I had to slam on brakes to keep from hitting her. Since then the ABS light and the Brake light stay on all the time. I checked the brakes out, and had to replace the rear shoes, it was time, and noticed one of the springs had...
  9. N

How much is your insurance???

Ins cost < $100 per month 97 Exp 4X4 94 Ranger 18ft Bass Boat. It was about $135, but an accident came off in Jan. So I guess that is less than $1200 per year for 2 cars and a boat. My wife and I are in the 28-31 range. State Farm Insurance. Raleigh, NC I will have to say as well...
  10. N

My heat is always on unless I turn it to Max AC. I have changed the valve that cuts off the hot water flow, it was leaking anyway. I also changed the climate control switch that tells what should be running (Max AC, AC, Panel etc..) I removed the glove box and I can watch that door open...
Back