Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Door locks

My 1999 explorer door locks stopped unlocking when i turn off the truck. Locks when i put it in drive. Checked fuse that was fine. Anyone have any clue why it's not working?
  2. I

Please help!!!!! Transmission problem

I have a 1999 ford explorer with auto trans. The problem is that every once and awhile the trans won't shift from first gear to second gear. Does anyone know what is causing this?
  3. I

transmission problem (NEED HELP)

I have a 1999 ford explorer with auto trans. The problem is that every once and awhile the trans won't shift from first gear to second gear. Does anyone know what is causing this?
  4. I

#4 cylinder misfire

My 1999 (4.0) explorer started missing and the check engine light came on . Hooked it up and code read #4 cylinder misfire. Changed plugs (autolite) ran great. Same thing happened again about 1300 miles later this time i replaced the coil (accel), sparkplug wires(taylor), and plugs(accel). Ran...
  5. I

#4 cylinder misfire

My 1999 (4.0) explorer started missing and the check engine light came on . Hooked it up and code read #4 cylinder misfire. Changed plugs (autolite) ran great. Same thing happened again about 1300 miles later this time i replaced the coil (accel), sparkplug wires(taylor), and plugs(accel). Ran...
  6. I

Noise under hood

It solved the problem! Thank you for the help
  7. I

Noise under hood

I have a 1999 Explorer 4.0(OHV) it makes a noise at the air intake (k&n intake) like when you blow into a soda bottle. I replaced the master airflow sensor. Still makes the noise. When i give it gas it goes away. As soon as i take my foot off the gas it starts to make that noise. Does anybody...
  8. I

Please help before i blow it up

1991 ford explorer(exploder)still sounds like a coffee pot percolating!!!! Replaced radiator, water pump, heater core, radiator cap(13lb.). Also tried burping the system (on slight incline and level). It only percolates when i have temperature control to the heater or defrost set on half way...
  9. I

New and need help

" Help" truck still perolates I replaced the radiator cap (13lbs.) and "burped" all of the air out of the system and it still percolates. But it only makes that noise when I have the temp. control to the heater on hot. If I set the temp. control on half way or lower it doesn't perk.
  10. I

New and need help

:mad: My 1991 xlt explorer sounds like a coffee pot percolating when it warms up. Replaced heater core,thermostat, water pump, radiator, but still makes noise. Must relieve pressure at radiator when I shut it off or it really bangs loud and won't stop until it cools down. Anyone have a...
Back