Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Where to buy online

Several years ago I found some great links on here to some online audio sales places that had great prices and service. It's time to upgrade a new vehicle and I can't find the messages anymore after searching through the old ones. Any advice on where to buy that are reliable and with good...
  2. G

wanted: mtx thunderform 97 xlt

Are you still looking for this? I have one I can't use anymore that I would love to get out of the garage!
  3. G

Stealthbox

I didn't take the panel off of my 2 door
  4. G

Thoughts on Mustangs

Thanks for all the input BUT.... I went the day before everyone responded and bought the V6 (on the 17th)!! Now I'm worried if I made the right choice, I went for it because it had so many less miles and because the lot the GT was on ticked me off (I really clashed with the salesman, I had...
  5. G

Thoughts on Mustangs

I'm looking for input on Mustangs. I have found a 99 GT convertible with 43K miles loaded with everything that comes up available on edmunds.com (unfortunately including automatic) for a little under $15. I'm also looking at an 01 convertible with not many options but CD and 23K miles...
  6. G

Help with sensor

Does anyone know the name of the air temp sensor that plugs into the air intake tube on a 96 4.0L? I am assuming it is an air temp sensor because when I broke the wire (DOH!) my check engine light came on and the code was for high air intake temperature (this was when it was VERY cold out)...
  7. G

Towing Explorer back from vacation?

One time that I moved I rented a moving truck and pulled my X behind it. I got the trailer that all four wheels were off of the ground, it was only like $50-$100 bucks, but I also got the truck so that might have made it cheaper.
  8. G

I get a shock everytime I get out of Truck?

Get a can of the static spray for laundry and shoot some on your seats, that should take care of it until the weather isn't so dry. BTW -- I used to work for a offshore oil company, we had a man using a Nextel Direct Connect phone, when it chirped (or whatever they do) it ignited some natural...
  9. G

keyless entry question

There are 2 codes (at least on mine and a couple of friends). The first 'factory' code is the one Al is talking about, its a little hard to see, but I was able to see mine with a good flashlight, I"m pretty sure this code always works. You can also program a 'personal' code, I don't remember...
  10. G

Idler Pulley Torque

Thanks!
  11. G

Idler Pulley Torque

Does anyone know the torque for a 96 4.0 idler pulley? I had to install a new one last weekend and it seems to have a good bit of play in the bolt/bearing assembly, but I'm afraid to tighten it anymore than I already have. I can't find it in the Haynes manual. Thanks
  12. G

HELP No Idler Pulley

For what its worth (any case anyone needs this later) The bolt and bearing are dealer only parts. One dealer I called very rudely told me its "not a hot item" and "I can't stock every part in the world" (won't be going back to that place) while a dealer a little bit out of town had the...
  13. G

HELP No Idler Pulley

ANYBODY???
  14. G

HELP No Idler Pulley

PLEASE HELP!! I had my idler pulley off a couple of days ago. I put it back on last night (very tight, just like it was when I took it off), did a short drive, everything seemed ok. This evening after work I'm driving to my parents and hear a lot of banging around and the volt light comes...
  15. G

Oil Changes RULE!

So, how did you decide on 25K? What I'm wondering is how confident you are of not doing any damage by stretching it so long and how you arrived at 25K. Hope I'm not making you defensive or anything, I don't mean to question your methods, I'm just curious is all!
  16. G

Oil Changes RULE!

Synthetic timing Aldive, how did you decide to change the oil at 22K, was that when it looked bad or just a random time? I think with that kind of mileage between changes synthetic would pay for itself easily, were you not worried about the filter?
  17. G

Water pump problem?

Thanks for the link dogfriend, I never new Autozone had so much info on their website. I'm going to pick up a gasket and pump tomorrow. I'm assuming Autozone rents the tools I need??? Anything else I should do while I'm at it? I had the radiator flushed at 60K miles, i'm at 80K now. How...
  18. G

Mystery Hose

Thanks everyone. So it sounds like I should just tie it off somewhere where it won't get pinched? Does it matter if the plug is up or down?
  19. G

Water pump problem?

Hey everybody. I think I have a bad water pump, but I'm not certain. Several weeks ago I started slowly loosing coolant. but figure out from where. Last week I thought I had found a loose fitting, tightened it and hoped I had fixed it. This weekend after a long trip the Ex started making a...
  20. G

Mystery Hose

Hope somebody can help me, it will be pretty obvious that I am NOT a mechanic. A little while ago I had a 'mystery hose' appear in front of my front axle. I never noticed it anywhere while changing the oil or anything, but there it was. It is a rubber hose, probably less than 1/2" diameter...
  21. G

bad alternator bearing or tensioner pulley?

How did this go? Yesterday after driving most of the day I shut off the ex, when I got in about 1/2 hour later I had a strange "chattering" type of noise that wasn't very aloud above 3,000 RPM's -- sounds similar. My dad (mechanic) was coming through town today and stopped to look, but didn't...
  22. G

Oil Changes RULE!

Insurance companies My daughter had tubes put in her ears twice last year. The "resonable and customary" went DOWN about $300 from July to December. I'm still fighting that one. I'm convinced insurance is the most corrupt business in America!
  23. G

Putting a sub in the rear storage compartment thingy... ??? lol

I had (and still have) the amp'd MTX box. When I blew the sub I found out it does take a 0.7 Ohm sub (like somebody mentioned). I did finally get an 800 number for MTX that was helpful. The new sub is $65, of course I found this out AFTER giving up & installing a new system. Overall it...
  24. G

this is my fourth Ford and my last

keep records! I keep a note pad with stuff like this, who told me what and the time a date. Its helped ALOT when I can put somebody on the spot with specifics. Just something I've learned the hard way!
  25. G

Help!! Easy PS2 Question

WannaXP8 -- Where is your PS2 mounted that its done so well?
Back