Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Q's on 2nd Gen to Sport Trac Brake Upgrade

99 ranger with V8 had gone very rusty so I got 03 Level II. I had new brakes on 99 went to put them on 03 found out 03 has 12" rotor not 11 1/4 rotors 99 had. Had to get new rotor and pads. My ranger does have Explorer rear that was 99 ranger. I am saving 03 level II rear axle it is 31 spline...
  2. P

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

I FINALLY GOT THEM, BACK and they do fit. Expect they didn't ship the gasket back for left side front pipe to header. I end up using walker gasket 56313 that has metal ring around center still had to mod bolt holes. Then went to work was working on cummins ISL CM2250 engine in stinking garbage...
  3. P

They're shorty header style. You have to call to see if they still make them but as SLOW as they are may take a year to get them.
  4. P

Set I got were not made right called Erica and sent them pics. I sent headers back they got them before 2 days Thanksgiving 2015. Guess what still waiting have been lied too many times by her. Told there at jet hot coatings waiting I called her out on this lie. Got text back she's shipping them...
  5. P

It's already over
  6. P

You missed it
  7. P

It was few years ago I sent blackjack headers for V8 Mustang II cost me 350.00. Fun part headers cost me 80.00 new from dynomax that engineering Dept had but there best fitting.
  8. P

I went my set back to get fixed or replaced they got them just before Thanksgiving. Left side wasn't made right. Need to text her again see what is happening. Other reason WHY Torque master header cost more because of being ceramic coated. Ceramic process not cheap either
  9. P

Torque monster headers

Didn't have header on the engine when it put header together. It was bent outward a lot and also flange that mounts to cyl head is twisted alittle. I tried tweaking it by bending it back so yes it hits cyl head now. I had problems putting it on the truck removed it then test fitting it on engine...
  10. P

Torque monster headers

Wish mine did
  11. P

Torque monster headers

Has anyone had issue's with driver side front pipe. I went to put them on test fitted front pipe to header it's not made right. It doesn't match rest of the header flanges bows outward a lot .
  12. P

I want to buy a front locker.

Which true trac you have in the front? Your truck listed as 97 Explorer which is same front diff as 99 Ranger or IFS
  13. P

Don't complain too much I haven't got a call yet
  14. P

I'm still waiting for first call
  15. P

Original radiator hose clamps

Spring clamps and constant torq clamps work far better than worn clamps one of hugh reasons why factory use them. Along with using long life anti-freeze worn clamps cannot keep hoses from leaking especially cold water leaks. One main reason why poeple hate spring clamps they can be hard to...
  16. P

31X12.5 or 33X10.5

31x10.5 are stock size on Level II rangers
  17. P

Ordered a Torsen for my D35 today...

Yes I understand Factory Ranger Torsen T2 is preloaded alittle ok. According to Torsen website T2-R are pre-loaded so you are confusing the matter more. This is to me is preloaded ""with a coil spring pre-load and/or friction enhancing plates"".. This is from the website "The TORSEN T2-R...
  18. P

What is the preload on the T2R Torsen vs Ranger Torsen unit
  19. P

Yes the existing diff in the rear it's only year old. I had to wait abit for them to get them from Torsen. I already have gear type limited slip in the front a Quaife. Didn't really want to spend more on another diff. If I got T2R it may end up in the Mustang even thou the T2 in it now works...
  20. P

Is there away to change it over like the Ranger diff? When I was trying to find FX4 Level II diff which is very hard to find. I had heard someone say it was preloaded but not T2R. Thats why I emailed Torsen got the answer I got now I hearing it was wrong
  21. P

Ain't that a kick in the pants. When I emailed torsen why did they tell me the Ranger FXII Level II rear Torsen diff was exactly the same diff as the T2. Telling me it wasn't preloaded and it's not T2R.
  22. P

changed diff fluids - is this normal?

Check all bearings in the rear clean the housing out good
  23. P

We had so many that had side carrier bearing problem about 1/4 of them ruined the case. End up dropping in a whole carrier
  24. P

There was a period that there was bearing material issue. My 99 mustang GT did this but we also had the same problem with rears in semi's from 98-01
  25. P

front diff D35 carrier removal

Theres not much of a edge to catch on too. Plus there are shims under the bearings on both sides. I used a torch cut the bearing cage off heated the bearing just enough to let the bearing slide off.
Back