Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

2007 ABS kicking on not touching brakes, cant move

I received my bluedriver but wont have time to mess with it until tomorrow. I think the issue is my front hub. It sounds louder than normal on front driver side. Almost like double the road noise. Does the speed sensor come with the hub? If not do you think the hub going bad would cause the...
  2. N

I went ahead and ordered the bluedriver bluetooth adapter. It works for both of my cars so if it can fix one issue it will pay for it self.
  3. N

I checked the Innova website and they show abs support for each reader, but it only has ford explorer W/O traction control. I am not sure it will work with mine. That makes me question any of the other readers that say they do have abs support. Cant seem to find a list of supported vehicles...
  4. N

I was searching around and see the OBD-II scanners are actually fairly cheap. Does anyone recommend a cheap one that can read ABS codes? I also have another vehicle that I would benefit from having one.
  5. N

If I take it to a dealer, will they read the codes and troubleshoot the problem for me? Any idea what the cost would be on something like that, just a ballpark so I dont get screwed. I am not the best mechanic but it looks like I could replace it if I knew where the problem was.
  6. N

I have a 2007 explorer. All of the sudden my abs light came on and my abs kicks in without touching the brake. I can idle and move but as soon as I try to accelerate my abs kicks in and I come to a halt. Took me a long time to idle home the other day lol. I removed two ivd module fuses from...
  7. N

Replaced stereo - Connect Factory Sub and Aux Input

I have replaced my factory stereo and would like to know how I can hook up my factory amp/sub and the aux input. My stereo has an aux input on the back so I would like to hook it into the factory aux input connections. I have looked everywhere and cannot find the wiring diagram for the aux...
  8. N

Rear Wiper Wiring Housing

My dog decided to rip off the plastic wiring housing (or grommet) that holds the wiring for the rear wiper and rear defrost. I am trying to look at some used car parts online but dont know what to search for? Does anyone have a link to this or can give me some ideas on how to find it? 2007...
  9. N

2007 Explorer Rough Idle and hard start

No I dont have any lights on. So is this something I should take off and clean up or does it just usually need replacing? by the way thanks for your replies!
  10. N

I found a thread on how to clean the maf. If its the throttle body is this something that I can clean or would I need to take it somewhere for repair/replace?
  11. N

After reading some more posts, This post sounds like what mine was doing since I bought it. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292264 The only thing I have done was install a k/n air filter but this was done months ago.
  12. N

My explorer since the day I bought it a year ago has a very very touchy gas pedal for a few minutes after starting. I figured this was normal. Now all of the sudden its starting really hard and the idle kind of sputters and sounds like its going to die. I did a bunch of searching and read to...
  13. N

Alarm in my 2007. What do I need?

After doing some more research, I have decided on the viper 5901 along with the recommended pkfm bypass. I am reading through the viper installation manual and on other posts that I have been reading they are saying that I wouldn't need to install the dome supervision wire because my dome light...
  14. N

Alarm in my 2007. What do I need?

I am looking to getting a viper alarm for my 2007 explorer. What all do I need in terms of by-passes and things? Also when I unlock my car now and my lights turn on, can I excpect the same types of things when I have an aftermarket alarm? Thanks Nick
  15. N

Running Board Problem

I have an 07 with these running boards, and mine are doing the same thing. They get stuck open. i can hear them trying to close but dont. And sometimes they work fine. There is noting in my manual, but does anyone have any documentation on how to lubricate theses? I assume they need it...
  16. N

07 Explorer - Audio questions and Recommendations

I was wondering if anyone used that compartment for the amps. I figured they would over-heat in there.
  17. N

WOW those amps are pretty cheap for the power they push out. Was just doing some google research on them and its pretty positive reviews out there!
  18. N

Been lurking around this forum for a while and decided to join the fun. I am planning on replacing my entire audio system. (head unit, speakers, wiring) I have a few questions I would like to list. 1. Guides that people have done pictures would be great, of removing door panels, removing...
Back