Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Are JBA shorty headers truly a direct fit?

So did you ever get the headers in? im considering buying a set, i was gonna go with hedman but stainless steel JBA headers are a better investment. The shop i went to said that the JBA headers are designed to fit with the driver side EGR .
  2. S

New crisis.....ABS light on

No im in the NW, near country hills. If u ever see a black 98 driving around at night with blue led's underneath thats probably me. Very few ex's with Mod's on them in Calgary.
  3. S

Celly, what part of calgary are u in? i dont think i've ever seen you driving your explorer or maybe i have.
  4. S

My DVD solution

ohhh lol srry, anyways i read a few other threads to and if any is thinking of putting a roof mounted dvd player on a 2nd gen its quite easy.
  5. S

I changed the ABS sensor on my explorer, the one on the rear diff. It didnt change a thing the ABS light turns on as it should when i start it up, but it comes on after driving it for like 10 seconds and stays on. What other problems are there and are they easy to fix on my own?
  6. S

how bad have you been ??

$280 for slow roll past a stop sign and i mean slow like almost dead stop, first ticket ever and probably the only one i will ever get.
  7. S

Replacing Multifunction Switch

I replaced my multifunction switch but now the beeping sound that lets you know you left the headlights on is beeping even if the headlights are off. I know it beeps if the driver door is open but it beeps faster if the headlights are left on, thats the one im getting. Anyone else have this problem?
  8. S

Replacing Multifunction Switch

Quesiton - How do i slide out the bottom piece that surrounds the steering column? I removed the top piece but the bottom one is blocked because of the lever that adjusts the steering wheel height.
  9. S

New member from Calgary, AB. Canada

welcome to the forum larry, I am also from calgary alberta. Im sure you will enjoy this forum, i've been part of it for a few years now and its helped me out alot. You might see me drivin around calgary sometimes. I've got a black 98 xlt with a ford sticker on the back window and you might just...
  10. S

98 UP - ABS light constantly illuminated on the dash

Im having the same problem, my ABS light was on when I started up my suv this morning. To replace the speed sensor on the rear diff do i need to jack up the suv or do i just go from underneath the rear and undo it?
  11. S

cam or turbo?..supercharger?

thanks for the info guys. i can easily get the m90 its just the mounting kit is pushing my budget (need money for school and other more important things). it sounds like there's alot on top of installing the m90 with the tuning i think i'll give it some time. i would'nt go with nitorus cuz i...
  12. S

cam or turbo?..supercharger?

I've been reading all over the site about the supercharging and i have even found a few m90 superchargers for sale where i live. How do i know the supercharger is out of a thunderbird or that is even an m90 will it have some kind of print on the supergharger? I didnt know that a kit was needed...
  13. S

X Charger Install

Ok so im a little confused with this mutang 4.0 and explorer 4.0 situation. Is the mustang 4.0 the same as an explorer 4.0? if so can i order parts for a mustang but install them on my explorer? I have a 1998 ex with a 4.0 sohc. Can i swap mustang parts into my explorer? Are there any other ford...
  14. S

Smoke coming out of Hazardous Light Button! Help

I had this problem today, i was driving and some smoke came out from on top of the steering column. I pulled over and checked my engine for any visible problems but its fine. Also i've had my signal lights get stuck a few times, especially when turning left it gets stuck and does'nt blink. i...
  15. S

What Oil

-_-
  16. S

Worst stuck pic thread

I totally agree with you guys on that i too hate the mud, The pics i posted of my ex in the mud were way back when i first got my explorer like within the first month. Ever since that day i have not gone through the mud and i dont plan on going anytime soon lol. I also stick to trails in the...
  17. S

Worst stuck pic thread

i drove through the construction site once then it started raining really heavey so i thought i'd try it again and i got stuck so i tried digging it out but eventually one of the HD mechanics for the company came by and towed me out.
  18. S

heater fan weak?

I am having a similar problem, the rear console vents are working fine the right side vents in the front are working, but the driver side vents are not working the one above the headlight switch is dead and the center left vent above the cd player is dead also the vent that defogs the driver...
  19. S

My Explorer (little dif than most on here)

the wide body look is sick!
Back