Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Not my day with SF3

I can vouch for him as well. Great customer service. I am very happy with my tune. Would definitely recommend him.
  2. S

Where to find intake tubing?

I have a 2001 Explorer V8 5.0. I had another explorer that was a V6, and I took the cold air intake head off of it and put it on my v8 explorer however the intake tubing is different. Does anyone know where I can get just the intake tubing itself? So I don't have to buy the complete Cold Air...
  3. S

Not my day with SF3

I just ordered one this past weekend from him. Hoping I don't have any issues.
  4. S

Won't start, Bad Ignition?

This thread probably better fits under "Under the Hood". Could a moderator move it please?
  5. S

Won't start, Bad Ignition?

I have a viper alarm system installed on my 01 explorer. Eariler today I went to remote start the vehicle and when I did it didn't start but kept making a grinding noise continuously, which I assume was the starter. I stopped the remote start and it continued until i put the key in and turned it...
  6. S

Time to change plug wires

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer. I got it at 113,000 miles and not too long after I replaced the spark plugs. The wires are motorcraft and as far as I know they are stock. It now has 135,000 miles and I checked the resistance with my digital multimeter on a few of the plug wires today and it...
  7. S

Sway Bar Bushing Replacement

I had to torch some of my bushings to get it out. With was able to get the whole sway bar out and use a hack saw to cut the bolt in half.
  8. S

Yeah just take off the 4 bolts for the bushings and put the new ones in.
  9. S

Should be an easy job since it was just replaced. Should be new nuts and bolts.
  10. S

This was a pain in the a$$ for me. Took about 3 hours or so. Had problems getting the nuts off. Ended up using a torch to get them off then had to use a hacksaw to cut one of the bolts off. But I finally got it. Fixed my popping sound. Heres the finished product.
  11. S

Compatible Tuner

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer 5.0L V8 AWD and im trying to find a tuner. I have looked at superchips and on their site it doesnt even list explorer in the vehicle selector but yet on other sites it says that its compatible with the explorer. I have also looked at the SCT X3 and im not sure...
  12. S

Termostat House Bolt Broke

I was attempting to replace my thermostat and could not get the 2nd bolt off and the head of it has snapped off. I've tried using vice grips, heating it, Sea foam deep creap, pb blaster and no luck. There isn't enough room to get in there with a drill. Any ideas? Thanks
  13. S

Helpful thread, for squeak, squeal, chirp noise from V8 and OHV v6 engine compartment

Helpful thread. Just replaced the synchronizer on my explorer. At first I thought it was the top idler pulley after replacing that I narrowed it down to the synchronizer. $50 for the synchronizer, sensor, and tool at NAPA
  14. S

Totaled?

I figured it probably was. This car was in great condition only had it for 2 months. Paid $4000 for it.
  15. S

Totaled?

I ran off the road the other day to avoid hitting another car and hit some rocks. The airbags were deployed and the radiator is busted at the bottom. As you can tell the tire is very close to the fender. But I cannot tell if the frame is bent. It's a 2000 explorer XLS with 67,000 miles. Can...
Back