Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2000 X - fuel pump

The truck has like 58k miles on it. I purchase it knowing that it had this many miles on it, but took for granted that nothing would have to be replaced for at least another 30k plus miles. Apparantly I was wrong. Between this and the cost of insurance, I've considered just selling the truck and...
  2. B

2000 X - fuel pump

Okay, time to replace my fuel pump. Of course the cost for a pump from Ford is crazy, so I was wondering what other options I had. Can I purchase any aftermarket, high-flow pumps since I'm going to be spending the $$ anyway? Anyone purchased and Holley or Walbro pumps that will replace the stock...
  3. B

X won't start - yes, another one....

okay, so I had the truck towed to the shop today, and apparently I have a bad fuel pump. I guess checking the fuel rail for gas to squirt out isn't good enough.....I guess my fuel pressure at the rail was less than 5psi. Anyway, looks like I'm gonna be busy part of this weekend. Just to let you...
  4. B

Your Favorite Song to Bump?

hey, Aww Naww is by Nappy Roots just in case you were wonderin.... peace
  5. B

Well dang, I guess you do learn something new everyday - thanks guys. I've pretty much given up and decided to take the X to the shop tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you guys know what the problem was as soon as I get it back. LATER, ROB
  6. B

Okay, let me try to cover all your responses... The truck sat for about a week while I was on the AT in west va, came back truck started fine in the evening. Next morning went to work and the to lunch with no problems. After lunch, wouldn't start at all. The problem happened all of the...
  7. B

Your Favorite Song to Bump?

eewwww - nelly....makes me sleepy :o lately been bumping still fly (big tymers) and move bi*** (luda) 'course the whole luda CD is pretty tight of course I always have my old bootie and bass favorites....make ya go :eek:
  8. B

Just won 2 12 JLw6's off ebay

Um, don't people use reserves for a reason? I've never heard of anyone selling below there reserve (unless it was damn close ya know). Well good luck though - that would be a pretty schweet deal.
  9. B

Actually that isn't true about injectors...keep in mind that they are solenoids, not motors. A selonoid only works at the moment that voltage is introduced to it, then it remains in the open or closed position untill the voltage is removed - that's why the injectors need to receive voltage in...
  10. B

Okay, been searching all afternoon for a solution on here, and have narrowed things down to what seems to be a very strange problem.... after lunch today, went to start the X, and turned over very strong, but no start. I've narrowed the problem down to the OBD/fuel injectors: -getting fuel...
  11. B

Carbon Fiber parts

Okay, new vacuum pump should be arriving today, and the materials are soon to follow. I've been playing around with making a mold for a MAF sensor-to-cone filter adapter. So far seems like this will be a go. I'll keep you guys posted as we come up with new molds for the things you've been...
  12. B

I just ordered a MAC intake!

Awesome! Now i want one LOL congrats on the mod!
  13. B

Carbon Fiber parts

Not yet. Untill I get molds made and I can see exactly what needs to be done, I won't have any idea at all. Sorry!
  14. B

Carbon Fiber parts

Hey guys, just keeping in touch with you who are replying. So far it looks like the 91-94 dash kit is going to be a go. We're looking to order a new vacuum pump to make our life easier and we should have it ordered by time we order our materials on friday. I'll also be making different items for...
  15. B

Carbon Fiber parts

nice one leenjen :D
  16. B

Carbon Fiber parts

Okay this Friday (hopefully), myself and a friend are going to be putting in a order for some carbon fiber materials. We're going to be making custom items for whoever wants something. We can make parts from bike ferrings, license plate trims, ford emblems, air intakes/boxes, gauge pods, dash...
  17. B

HELP!!!!!!

good point....I have had some sparks before from not thinking first!
  18. B

Doesn't matter which wire, as long as the current from the battery is killed. Actually if you can find the fuse for the ECU, just pull it - same effect without losing the clock and radio settings. Otherwise might as well do the negative. Let ecu lose memory (10-15 mins), reconnect battery, start...
  19. B

HELP!!!!!!

Time to get a little dirty. You need to check the fuel system. First I'd get a rag, then loosen the banjo bolt connecting the fuel line to the fuel filter - turn on the ignition and see if gas flows out (thus the rag) - if so, then the pump is good and the fuel cutoff switch should be fine. If...
  20. B

No, don't drive around at all after resetting the ECU. Let the vehicle idle for about 5 mins (do NOT push the gas), then turn it off. If you push the gas while the ECU is 'learning' the new air/fuel maps, it will trick it into thinking something abnormal is happening, and it will try to...
  21. B

HELP!!!!!!

Hmmm. Sound like unplugging your MAF sensor freaked out the computer. Disconnect the battery, let it set like that for about 10-15 mins. Make sure everything is connected properly. Reconnect the battery, and try to start the truck (make sure the engine is cool before doing this). When you start...
  22. B

Help me find 4 wheeling music

Linkin Park or maybe Disturbed (an edited copy of course)?
  23. B

MORE BASS

If you like dance music check out Paul Van Dyke's "We are alive" (radio edit, not the one on the album) - it pounds. Nice frequency range too. :eek:
  24. B

shut down an Acura Integra on Saturday

The profile of a RSX looks like a Geo...or an egg....well, same thing I guess. LOL You taken that thing to the track? What's it running? You only have an intake on it? ;)
  25. B

RAP BASS

Dead Prez Hip Hop RMX - T-I-G-H-T Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz (which has Bia bia on it) pounds - the whole CD has great bass
Back