Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

One more dyno sheet from BamaChips...

Here's a knowlege bomb. HP is the application of TQ @ a given RPM... The curves and values tell you everything you need to know... regardless of baseline being MPH or RPM. Quit arguing everything... I want to learn as well. So doug... please do some before/after dyno runs. I'd like to...
  2. S

procomp vs fabtech spindle

This thread has a bunch more questions than answers....
  3. S

Sound System

twice... jessush...... Time for a cup of coffee or something.
  4. S

Replacing speakers

Way to double post.....
  5. S

Sound System

I just took mine off.... 95+ don't have metal grill covers, they are molded into the door... huskyfan has it down right... ez!
  6. S

Help! Charging barely working Gauge on low

The alternator got very very hot, but i bought the autozone lifetime warrantee model, so if it did fry, it would have just been quickly replaced. Everything seems to be working fine now... Thanks for the help on this. =)
  7. S

HAHA... I guess the system just had to charge back up. I bet the alternator was fine, and I'll have it tested later today.
  8. S

Nope.... does the bat. have to charge back up before the system registers ok?
  9. S

I just put in a stereo, and while playing around with it parked, and somewhat warm outside, the sytem dies. I notice the lights are dim, so i kill it, come back a moment later, and it wouldn't start. I then jump it, drive it, and notice the guage for the charging is near low. I figure...
  10. S

New supercharger kit for 4.0L

Yes... it will. Read the entire thread. Problem is... nobody has done it as far as i'm concerned. I can't believe someone did and is holding out on telling us about it. I NEED MORE POWER I also have the 5 speed manual... so no xmission issues here.
  11. S

New supercharger kit for 4.0L

I'm totally willing to do this... as the exploders been paid off for a while, and i tow. Has anyone gotten closer to doing this? I want to have a write up from one of us....
  12. S

How to replace the speaker wire harnes behind the radio.

davidkoliver@hotmail.com needs those stereo wiring diagrams.... please?
  13. S

Uh oh pinging/rattleing/knocking

WHat is the difference between the MAF and the MAS? Are we misusing words here? I've got occasional spark knock, and i've cleaned everything, including the iac, and a full tune up using motocraft plugs. My fuel usage isn't as great as it used to be either. I even used the sea foam. Any...
  14. S

Questions about Flushing Cooling System

Where do you buy "distilled" water? Just bottled water?
  15. S

After market sub and amp in stock location

Any way I can get the schematics for this? Exact measurements?
  16. S

Subwoofer Enclosure

Send me plans when they are ready? Keep the pics coming too!
  17. S

What Brand Plugs and Wires?

My plug wires are damn hard to remove. Is there a special tool needed? this is on a 2000 ohv v6... 68000 miles
  18. S

ABS Light is on

I've got the same problem... I need a listing of where these sensors are!
  19. S

Towing rig.....

Whatever bish... you live in texas. I'm spoiled on gas prices, and don't want to lose the additional mileage (and I paid it off a year ago... no payment is so sweet!) You'll have to shoot me an email next time you hit up a town. I've spoken w/ you but never met you.
  20. S

Towing rig.....

Yeah.. I just usually work the e-brake also, and I don't like the idea of mounting one in my daily driver. If I had a RIG i'd be all over the hand throttle. I can dump the clutch pretty quick so I'm geared well enough to not have to smoke the clutch to get the gearing necessary. I guess I'm...
  21. S

Towing rig.....

BTW, the boat is an sea ray 180 (18')... It's tows just fine... but I'm picky. I WANT MORE!~!!!!!
  22. S

Towing rig.....

Actually, I used to follow up on the job the walmart @ 620 did every time... but just realized I haven't done my follow up CRAWL N CHECK process lately. I wouldn't dare take it to any of the other ghettomarts in austin. Even the pleasant valley location annoys me as soon as i go in....
  23. S

Towing rig.....

oh yeah... full synthetics all the way. You know walmart does mobil 1 oil changes for 30 bux?
  24. S

Towing rig.....

4 liter ohv... I hate that name. What engine doesn't have valves over the head?!?!?! (wankel rotary) I've never had to back up to the point where the diff is even near the water... and I live 5-15 min from the lake so the oil cooler is out too,... maybe....
Back