Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Rumblng noise in front end - when rolling

I decided to have the differential replaced with a good (I hope) used one on my 2005. Let's hope that solves my problem! 005
  2. N

OH WELL, my garage replaced the left front bearings but the same loud vibration/noise is still there! They think it is in the differential. I' m not sure what to do now. I am trying to sell this Explorer for only $2900, but don't want to spend any more $. A used differential? :( '
  3. N

I appreciate the advice. I did check the front wheels elevated, spinned and felt no problem. I suppose it's something expensive to fix. :(
  4. N

A grumbling rumbling noise is now in the front end. Sounds like on left front. Mine is a 2005 with 156,000. This noise came on suddenly. I read other answers on this, but I'll have to have my garage try for it again. They will look at wheel bearings first. :confused:
  5. N

Does my 2006 Eddie Bauer have built in harness for trailer wiring?

Hello, I have the 2 inch converting out of the 1 1/4 tongue. I am asking if Ford has the wiring for the trailer, including brakes already installed from the front to the rear of the 2006 Explorer. I know I will have to connect my wiring to the trailer from the built in, if there is such wiring...
  6. N

Does my 2006 Eddie Bauer have built in harness for trailer wiring?

I recently bought a 2006 Eddie Bauer with the V6 and no trailer package, but need to know if I can use the existing built in harness, IF ANY to hook up my trailer wiring. I hope not to make it a big job.:confused2:
  7. N

My '05 Explorer has a mystery rain water leak!

Hello, that's scary! I think I'll not open the sunroof again and permanently seal it shut. Thanks for the info!
  8. N

Hello, yes I have the sunroof, but I taped it shut with duct tape.
  9. N

My 2005 Explorer continues to leak rain water onto the interior floor. It comes under the mat on the drivers side from the fire wall area upper above. I do not see any place open on the outside. It happens when parked or driving. What am I missing?:(
  10. N

Fuel tank needed for my 2005 Explorer

Thanks, guys, I guess I have to reach out to a nearby salvage yard.
  11. N

OK, thanks. I think I want a new one. Who has the best price?
  12. N

Where can I get the best deal on a new fuel tank for my 2005 4.2 V8 Explorer Eddie Bauer?
  13. N

Not good water leak

Hello, Yes, I have a sunroof but no windshield replacement.
  14. N

Not good water leak

My 2005 Explorer likes to rain on me through the driver side visor hole in the headliner! After some rain when parked, it really comes in! I can't find where it is coming from!
  15. N

2005 Explorer broken rear window hinge- recall?

I'm happy to say that I received new hinges through Amazon at a reasonable price, I think. ($50). There is a good video on this problem I saw recently. I'll be installing them soon. Thanks to all for your help and suggestions!
  16. N

Well, I contacted my Ford dealer, but they said there is no program or recall to fix my 2005 Explorer rear window hinge. I guess I'll resort to DUCT TAPE. I don't need to open that window anyway. The tailgate still works.
  17. N

Today my rear window hinge broke. It seems that there was a recall on this problem at one time. Does anyone know if I should call a Ford dealer?
  18. N

I can't shut the heated seat off on my 2005 Eddie Bauer! It's summer!!!

Thanks, I will pull the fuse for now and maybe get a new switch.
  19. N

I can't shut the heated seat off on my 2005 Eddie Bauer! It's summer!!!

I push and push the passenger side heated seat switch, but it stays on. How can I shut it off until winter? It's 95 degrees here now!
  20. N

Trim paint color needed for my 2005 Eddie Bauer

Does anyone know how I can get the correct color touch up for the trim on my "new" 2005 Eddie Bauer? It is a gold color. I have ordered the body color, a dark blue. I would appreciate it!
  21. N

What wheels can I use to replace my rusted out stock wheels?

:confused: My 1996 Explorer has rusted out rims, I just found out. They still hold air, but after pounding much rust off and painting them with POR 15, I don't trust them. I want to replace them with ordinary rims if I can. What rim will fit? I appreciate the help.
  22. N

Noise in front end

Yes, we think it's the bearing as it is a steady noise when rolling all the time. I will take it to my garage soon. Thanks for the reply
Back