Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

leak in the cooling system

when i got an oil change the guy checked it out and said it was definetly the water pump. thanks for the help guys, im gonna replace the water pump once i order the pump. anyone know a quote for a new pump? and the hole is towards the back of the pump. thanks again guys ya'll have been great help!
  2. P

this is going to sound really stupid, but here are some pictures of what i think the water pump is. after looking, it only betters my thought of it being the water pump. (this is the stupid part) how exactly do i take the water pump out?
  3. P

thanks man that helps ill have to take some pics tomorrow in the light
  4. P

well in the past 2 months ive had to by coolant atleast 6 times, and i pour it straight in til it backs it up into the overflow, im almost certain its the water pump but i dont want to spend money yet until i find out what is exactly wrong with it. i would show pics but sadly i dont know what...
  5. P

engine won't turn over--new battery

i had same problem try starting in neutral or i would check your gears behind the dash make sure its not slipping out of park do any of the electronics start? the 2nd gen explorers have an electronic fuel cut off so try it in neutral and see waht happens
  6. P

i have reason to believe that i have a whole in my 97 ford explorer, but im not sure where it is in the cooling system. can anyone help? :ttiwwp: this would be great help if i could get some feedback thanks guys
  7. P

Pushing your stock to the limit...

ok i wanna see what kinda stuff people have put their STOCK explorer through. i myself have no good pictures but would love to here from ya'll.
  8. P

Worst stuck pic thread

haha i know right? well the story is we were workin all day at the summer camp we work at together, well he decides that the line at the shower is to long so he goes out to the camp site far back in the sticks to take a shower and when he's backing up after his shower he backs right into some...
  9. P

Worst stuck pic thread

whatever haha same diff... :) I pulled my friends 2wd grand cheerokee out this weekend haha he was pissed cuz i have the sticker that says "jeep, you realize barbie drives one" and he hates ford for some reason
  10. P

X project

bump ok, i have this friend that aparently makes steel bumpers and guards, he said he would make me one if i help him he said it'll be for free... that will cost nothing... should i wait till i have 800 or so dollars for lift and tires or get the bumper and guard now and look for another good...
  11. P

ok...here we go....

dang man that is pretty much what was going at first it felt like i had a flat now i'm drivin it after it got fixed and it feels heck of a lot better
  12. P

ok...here we go....

actually funny story is i just spent about $950 getting two calipers, brake hoses, brake pads, and rotors replaced....they left a note that i should get the hub bearing replaced soon but we forgot about it until this weekend so it could have happened if it broke when my brakes gave away and...
  13. P

sharpie markers add 50 HP

only you can prevent sharpie fires
  14. P

ok...here we go....

dang man! i got lucky i had it towed back to b'ham so i could avoid that hahah
  15. P

ok...here we go....

so the other day i had to drive out to alexandria AL, which is about an hour away from where i live. so when i get there i start to hear this metal on metal grinding noise,and what feels like a flat tire but its not. then when we looked at it sitting on level ground it was slanted about 20...
  16. P

More HP

do work! hahah
  17. P

door problems?

wow that sucks and thinks for the link
  18. P

Worst stuck pic thread

gotta love that alabama red clay....
  19. P

door problems?

my left rear passenger door won't open from the inside or out...i figured out how to take the door panel off and get the door open but when i close it i have to go through the whole process of openning the door again from the inside... and on the other door gets stuck sometimes, like the door...
  20. P

Worst stuck pic thread

i know that by saying this my stock is bound to get stuck next time i wheel but i have never been stuck and i go with a jeep with a 3 inch lift and an occasional silverado that is beast no joke....but still i probably wont wheel where its questionable in the mud so i won't get stuck by that day...
  21. P

X project

so your saying no body lift tt and shackles first? is tt easier or just you can do more with it?
  22. P

X project

ok thats good to know haha
  23. P

X project

the only problem i heard with the tt and shackle is you have to get the alignment checked aafter doing the lift....
  24. P

X project

actually i think if everyone on here sent me $1 then i could easily buy the lift kit hahaha
  25. P

All terrain or Mud terrain

well dang i live in the states! i'll have to keep looking...
Back