Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

sticking gauges

yeah, i never had that problem with mine but i have had it on customers cars when i was installing them, just back the meedle off a hair like 1forsnow said, but not too far cause if it comes off all the way, they are a pain in the butt to them to read properly.
  2. C

Mustang 5.0 Exhaust Sound on an Explorer

Well i may sound crazy BUT!!!. I went the the 4-wheel Jamboree all truck nationals in Bloomsburg PA and while sitting around hanging out with my cousins drinkin a few, we heard a truck start up. That damn thing sounded seriously like a 5.0L mustang. We were so confused we had to check it out. It...
  3. C

remote starter...again

well air bag wires should be in a yellow wire loom, so stay away from those, lol some trucks require both gray/yellow wires to be charged but you'll have to check, easiest way is to peel back a smal section on insulation and juice the wire and see if the heat comes on, if so just put your...
  4. C

remote starter...again

Remote start on a ford, Now here is something i know. Open the steering column and right at the ignition switch is all the wires you need. Constant 12v power - Yellow or Green/violet (there should be 4) Starter wire - white/red or red/black Heater - Grey/yellow ( there is 2 and you may...
  5. C

5.5 superlift with 33 +

Micky T makes a 34 as well. The baja belted comes in 34 14.50. that's gonna be the tire i run on my 99 after i put the body lift in. I run a 33 13.50 with the superlift 4" lift at the moment so maybe a 5.5 with a 3" body on your truck you could run a 35 or that 34. Plus Micky T tires seem to be...
  6. C

exhaust consensus for a 99 sport

I gots a Delta 50 flowmaster dual in single out on my 99 with a 2 1/2 inch custom tail. that exhuast setup stinks in my book. No aftermarket kits, had to bend the tail myself. has a nice rumble when it warms up though, sounds totaly different in the cold.
  7. C

My NEW gauges!!!

Very nice. Looks good. I opted for the regular guages in my X. YES i must say they do suck to put in. Why in the hell did ford put the idiot lights right in the middle of the gauges. STUPID!!!. I do have one now that is crocked cause i had to take the dash apart again but i never had the needles...
  8. C

It's getting there

Well the gears are stock for now and it really don't go that bad. I notice it on highways when your doin about 75 or so, it loses it on hills, but around town i don't even notice it. I didn't think it would be that bad cause the factory tire size eualed a 31x10.50. but for a 35 it think it'll...
  9. C

It's getting there

Well i haven't been on this site for a while but here is my X so far. I think i'll wait till next year to do any more to it. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=305051&make_type_query=make%3DFord&model_brand_query=model%3DExplorer%20Sport&tree=Ford%20Explorer%20Sport
  10. C

Remote Start

Going along with jssong, there is a remote start that you can add onto your existing X keyless remote. There is pretty much 2 kinds. A standalone which comes with it's own remotes and a slave unit which you add on to either an existing alarm or keyless remote. They basically just tap into the...
  11. C

Remote Start

Well wiring into the igntion, brake switch, parking lights is the cake part. It's the stupid transponders in the keys that suck. If you have the big fat ford key you probably have a transponder in it. There is 2 ways to bypass that. 1 is to get a transponder module which there is 2 kinds, the...
  12. C

Ghetto "KKM"

Well i don't know how much this helps but has anyone taken apart the airbox of a 97 or so ranger with the 2.3l motor. Well here is the interesting thing. If you take apart one of those, inside that stupid looking round airbox is a plastic piece that bolts up to the MAS and has a round end that...
  13. C

Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ?

Well i fabracated a delta 50 series flowmaster on my 99 sport. i have a pipe bender at my saturday job so it wasn't to hard, just wish i used 3" instead of 2 1/2". I do get some inside noise with this muffler so with a 40 series i bet it's more. But check out your original system first cause...
  14. C

Adding a '99 roof rack to a '92, a few Qs

Well When i put the roof racks on i they come with this coating on the threads that's suppose to seal the hole as you screw them in. It's not alot and doesn't look like it seals but i never had one come back in the 4 years i've done them. As far as sealing them silicon works fine. I.ve sealed...
  15. C

Adding a '99 roof rack to a '92, a few Qs

I've put aftermarket racks on cars at my old job with the same screws, suppose to be good up to 100 lbs. If you want ot to be stronger you could drill the holes a little bigger and put some of those ( i can't remember what they are called) things that you tighten in the hole and it compresses...
  16. C

Window Tint

I did the same thing. Limo tint all around even over the factory tint. Luckily my Factory tint was black, and the truck is black so it sets it off nice.
  17. C

Replacement bulbs

yeah the 168 are too bright, i dont get why with all the amber bulbs the lights r evenly bright but when you switch to super white that dumb light in the corner is brighter than the rest. I got used to it but it's still annoying.
  18. C

Replacement bulbs

I think they are 168s. But if your replacing them with those super white HID imitation bulbs go with a 194 in that spot. I tried the 168 and it was way too bright.
  19. C

ranger rollpan?

Well i don't see why not. I made a S10 pickup roll pan fit my 87 S10 Blazer with a little mod to the truck. If you can order one in and are able to rturn it, I'd just order one and take your bumper off and see if it'll fit. I actually was debateing one the roll pan on my 99 x sport.
  20. C

body lift; shackles; AAL

Well there is a guy on here that has a 97 explorer. He used a performance Acc. kit on his truck. Should be the same as yours. I have yet to test fit it to my 99 sport.
  21. C

MAC Cold Air INSTALLED

Hey what's up, I just installed a k&N FIPK on my 99 sport the other day. I haven't heard anything like that whistleing You guys are taking about. I really didn't notice any performace gain either, I just noticed it idles a bit smoother and it a bit louder. Well hope you guys figure it out cause...
  22. C

Body Lift HELP!!!

Well hopefully it works. i'll let you guys know
  23. C

Body Lift HELP!!!

Well i ordered the PA kit for the 95-97 ranger. In gerold's post he used a 98-00 kit but found that the steering extender did not work so i figured since the body style of the ranger changed in 98 and 98-00 kit worked on the 2001 explorer with no mods to the extender that maybe the 95-97...
  24. C

Gerald Jarrett - Simpsonville, SC 2nd gen offroad - Herc

also you were gonna go to the 3" body lift to fit 35s. do you think 35s would fit with a 4"suspension lift and a 2" body or 3" would be better
  25. C

Gerald Jarrett - Simpsonville, SC 2nd gen offroad - Herc

I saw that the Taxman used a kit for the 95-97 ranger on his truck and got the proper steering extender, but his truck is a 97. i wondered if maybe that extender fit the 99. Cause there is a step by step article in here that use the PA 883 and a 2001 explorer and the steering extender worked on...
Back