Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

T-case Solutions?

I have been in discussion with a vouple people over the problem with my wifes 97 explorer. It does seem that the T-case seem's to be the issue. There was mention of a known problem witht he sift rails, and that the 97 model is pretty year specific.. I am just checking to see if anyone has worked...
  2. W

GEM module

thanks for your insight, But we got the truck back today, and it does seem the the t-case is the issue, so I will now be looking for another. Hopefully once I replace that it will fix it all.. Apparently it welded itself into 4wd... go figure.
  3. W

GEM module

thank you for your reply, My only issue with that theory is that when it is in gear and pulling, it does not want to go past 35 MPH (at around 4500 rpm) and I can get it all the way up to 55, but it just keeps racing the motor, and if I stop and put it in low range, it won't go above 30 MPH or...
  4. W

GEM module

I trust the guy, he is also the local preacher... He said that he is going to replace it and see if it fixes the problem first before we have to pay for the part.. While I was mobalized with my national guard unit, she said that she was driving it down the road and it just quit pulling (at...
  5. W

GEM module

I was told by the local mechanic that me "GEM module" was ou on my t-case... what the hell is this and what does it do?
  6. W

93 x SAS

I like the look of it running the full width axels. Did you use the stock explorer steering box?
  7. W

97 EB Tranny woe's

I should have elaborated a little more, My trail truck is a 75 K5 Blazer with a 454, SM465, and NP205.... I don't have electric nob's to fool with... LOL
  8. W

97 EB Tranny woe's

He hooked it to his scanner and the only number he said popped up was for the in dash switch. (this was all over the phone) but I went ahead and purchased a new switch, when it come in I'll go put it in and see what he says then. Just thought that I would check to if anyone else has had this...
  9. W

97 EB Tranny woe's

This is my first post, I have spent a couple hours bounmcing around and searching before I joined and posted. I fiancee just bought a used 97 Explorer AWD. (I'm a GM guy) She was driving down the road the other day on the interstate and he truck quit pulling, like it had been put in neutral...
Back