Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Is my sub blown?? Please help!!

well i brought it to an audio place today and he told me the voice coils were toasted.. the sub was done... i went out and picked up the infinity sub and have been very happy with it... sounds very clean attatched to the 500 watt amp...
  2. J

its a sealed box so im having a friend check out if its a seal problem.... its still hits the high notes.... just the low bass sounds like a blown speaker im goin for more sq in my system actually.... lemme know what u reccomend ...
  3. J

Well last december i got a system put in my truck... the amp is a rockford 500 watt amp. i had it powering a cheapo 12" sub that was rated at 400 watts. I think the power of the amp finally blew the sub cuz it makes a loud popping like a blown speaker and is creating no low bass. Is it blown or...
  4. J

Engine not starting???

the problem was indeed an oxygen sensor. I got it replaced and everything seems to be running smoothly as of now. I thought it was odd for it to go at 38,000 miles but i guess thats how new engines are these days. Thanks to everyone for your help and assisting me in solving this problem.
  5. J

Engine not starting???

hmm...... o2 sounds like something i might check out..... my mechanic is cleaning the fuel injectors and messing around with the pumps right now suspecting it might be a fuel problem (very good chance).... ill keep u guys posted...
  6. J

Engine not starting???

A few weeks ago i went out to start my 99 SOHC and it wouldnt turn over. The check engine light was on and it would not start. So I took some advice from these forums and cleaned down the IAC, the thing started right up and the check engine light was off. It drove fine for about a week and the...
  7. J

Sport Cruise Ocean County, NJ

hey guys.... im rite in long branch in monmouth county... id be down for meetin some of u guys in person and maybe doing a little cruising down the coast... let me know whats goin on....
  8. J

K&N air filter??

I'm thinking of going to pep boys tommorow and picking up a k&n drop in air filter. I'm not really looking for any performance gains but just that air sucking sound. Would the filter give me that sound or should i save up and go with a whole intake system? Thanks
  9. J

Remember the XP8 on Ebay???

that is a nice truck..... anyone know where I can get one of those hoods? I know saleen stopped making them.
  10. J

Mac cold air intake install? need help

im thinking of getting this intake for my 99 sohc. How do u like it? Did u notice any performance improvements and did it beef up the sound of ur exhaust at all?
  11. J

Replacing stock speakers

I am looking to upgrade my 4 speakers. Is it better to go with a round speaker or would the 6x8 produce just as nice of a sound? Also do you think i should run an amp to these speakers or go with a 10" sub? I've been in this dilemna for monthes lol. Any suggestions wuld be appreciated. Thanks.
  12. J

Intake Comparisons ?'s

anybody install the new mac intake for the SOHC engines? I'm looking for some opinions on them.
  13. J

the quest for the same color!

let me know if u get those superwhites and tell me how they turn out
  14. J

well white bulbs r legal here so im fine. all i was tryin to do was match everything up. Having clear bulbs that look dirty or yellow defeats the purpose of having white bulbs... so i want something that is nice and white
  15. J

I wanna get clear corners soon and was thinking about the same thing... I have slyvania cool blues and am looking for something to match. Do u think apc hyperwhites and polargs for the 194 would match?
  16. J

Getting Exhaust on Friday.....

i did the y pipe cuz my shop said its easier for them to Y the pipes... idk why though. But the 50 series sounds good at idle at has a very mellow sound through the rpm band. Around 3k it does get a little less deep but doesnt sound nething like a 4cyl. My sound is actually pretty consistant...
  17. J

well after many weeks of researching i finally got my exhaust done. I went with a single in/out flowmaster 50 series. At idle it has a nice little rumble to it and a mellow tone when i give it some gas. I feel a tiny bit of a throttle response too. Overall i like i it so far.... not a bad deal...
  18. J

well at first i was gonna use the 50 series SUV which was a dual in/single out muffler.... but then my shop told me they would y the dual in into a single and connect a single in/ single out 50 series delta flow with 2 1/2 inch piping.
  19. J

Well I am finally getting my exhaust put on.... this is the setup I'm having done: dual into a y pipe into a single in/out 50 series flowmaster. The exhaust shop gave me an estimate of 250 for everything. I'm praying that it comes out sounding good. I don't care too much about performance.... I...
  20. J

Kit vs Custom Exhaust?

yea.... im curious about how the magnaflows sound compared to flowies as well. Im looking for somethin to put on my 99 Sport but dont know which to choose...
  21. J

Question for guys with dual in/ single out exhausts

cool... i guess i'll go with the 50 series suv.... pep boys siad they'll order it for $120 shipped. This sound like a good deal? Then i'll just have a shop build me 2.5 piping and contract the 3 inch down to 2.5
  22. J

Question for guys with dual in/ single out exhausts

My 99 sport has the dual in/ single out exhaust. The only muffler I am able to find for it is the 50 series SUV... but even that has a 3 inch outlet. Is it possible to put this muffler on with my stock pipes and still get the same sound? I'm afraid custom piping on this dual in/ single out will...
  23. J

Ravin Exhausts...

well i was just at midas today and they told me they don't have anything for dual in/single out. They only have dual 3" in and thats too big of a piping. So the ravin is no longer an option i guess. I guess now I'm goin to look into the 50 series delta force. Would this muffler give my truck a...
  24. J

Ravin Exhausts...

I've heard some pretty good things about these systems and was thinking about gettin one for my 99 sport. Has anyone here had any experience with these mufflers. And will I still get the same sound if i just install the z55 muffler and leave the stock piping? Any opinions would be appreciated...
  25. J

Question on aftermarket exhausts

Well i have a friend who could hook me up with a flowmaster muffler for a good price. Should I just bring the muffler to a local shop and tell them to weld it on with custom 2.5 inch piping. Is there anything else I should tell them to do? Do you guys recommend keeping the resonator on? Any help...
Back