Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

body lift questions

I used a 3 inch kit from a 91 ranger short box and had 2 left over, as for bolts good luck with that I made my own by threading the ends of some rod and machining a head on the other end, but that was because it would have taken me to long to have bought the right length and have them shipped...
  2. R

Front Diff Cover

I am in the process of rebuilding axles and wheel bearings in the front of my 91, and am looking at pulling the diff housing out to do a c clip eliminator. my question is has anyone ever seen the bubble on the front of the beam (clearance stamped for carrier) cut off and welded to a 3/8 or 1/2"...
  3. R

sasqautch hunter build

update a little bit of an up date. i done a little painting, the chrome wheels had some rust on them so I wire wheeled them and gave the a couple coats of red. But then they didnt match the rest of the truck so my wife and I painted the bottom of the truck red and trimmed some rust. My parents...
  4. R

Show your Stuff!

stuff havent had a chance to get any real world pics yet but heres testing with hi-lo. 5.5 bds lift, soa in rear no sway bar, and sway bar disonnected in front
  5. R

add-a-leaf? SOA? or 4 inch lift leafs?

front lift i run 1.5 inch spring spacers in my front, however I have only alighned the steering, I havent tried to adjust anything else. with my front tires and wheels the camber doesnt seem to be to bad, but with the stock tires you can see it needs to be adjusted. Its deffinatly not perfect...
  6. R

add-a-leaf? SOA? or 4 inch lift leafs?

soa I have a 91 four door with the stock rear leaves, I done the spring over axle swap and it works pretty good for me. It was cheap, I could use the original springs and had longer shocks laying around, also swapped spring pads side to side. I had built a die one time to stamp leaf spring...
  7. R

doubler reliability

I have been searching all the info I can on building a doubler. I have gotten quite a few ideas. however I havent found to many people talking about reliability both on the trail and on the road, how did you build your output shaft, and any heat treating you done to it, how it has held up? Is...
  8. R

new to the forum tell me what u think

I love ur x man, I was just wondering why you left the step tubes on it, but I think they give it a cool look, like to make people stop and think about it, any way sweeeet.
  9. R

sasqautch hunter build

thanks, I extended the hard lines out an down from the original spot a lottle and rin the exteded lines so I think thats take care of for now any way, until I can get som travel like you have. a fabbed ffront end is in the plans eventually. its funny you mention the brackets hitting the diff...
  10. R

sasqautch hunter build

Thanks for the comments, no i havent found him yet . i guess that means i just need to wheel er i mean look harder. lol
  11. R

69`Ford 20m HT Cosworth V6

very nice car. its always cool to see someone build something different, the welds on the intake look really nice, cant wait to see the turbo setup and hear how it runs
  12. R

sasqautch hunter build

thanks
  13. R

sasqautch hunter build

sway bar disconnect test finnaly got a chance to try the sway bar disconnects, definately made a difference but im still not real happy with the front. looks like I need to do something with longer springs and make some radius arms playing in a small wash out had it at the shop...
  14. R

Budget build Bronco II, cheap & capable

doubler progress awsome rig, I have been thinking of building a doubler to but am undecided how to do it, so I am very interested in seeing how you do yours and how it holds up, keep us posted. again nice wheeler
  15. R

need elctronic and tranny help

tranny fluid I had the same problem with the tranny fluid, check your engine oil and see if it is over full, thats were mine was going. it was being sucked thru the vaccum tube from the modulater on the trans. if you pull the vaccum line off the modulator and it has fluid in it, it needs to be...
  16. no running boards

no running boards

17. a little flex

a little flex

18. lifted with tires

lifted with tires

19. lifted with tires

lifted with tires

20. R

sasqautch hunter build

I would have preffered 33 inch tires but the pro comps were new and really cheap from a buddy, it felt a little tall and tippy at first but after wheeling it with the clearance with the 35s i wouldnt want it any different. also I wheel pretty easy so as not to brake anything and I usually have...
  21. R

sasqautch hunter build

I havent had any Issues with the d35 yet, but i have only had the tires on there for about two months, tops. I am building this as a slow trail truck to crawl up hills over downed trees and what ever else I come across, well atleast try, its got a long way to go to be an trail animal. The...
  22. R

sasqautch hunter build

thanks, the gears and lockers or at least some sort of a limited slip are my next big project(money wise). i will probably be putting tranny temp gauge in this week, just to keep an eye on whats going on, not that its going to help it alone but atleast give me a little idea of how hard I am...
  23. R

sasqautch hunter build

My name Ryan and i live in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. I have a 1991 eddie bauer, not i great shape but workable. I got the truck from my father and the lift from my brother, he removed it from a ranger that he parted out, and that got my project started. anyway here is my truck and some...
  24. R

Eddie Bauer fender flares

flares I had these flare/running boards on mine and when i took them off they seem to be the same as any other fenders, are yours like these flares because I havent seen many other eddies with them, maybe they are aftermarket? before...
  25. R

How to: 3rd row seating in a 1st & 2nd gen Explorer

3rd row seat belt Does anybody know of a rear seat that would have come stock in a vehicle with intergrated shoulder belts. I really like the third row idea but need to make sure my daughter has a shoulder and lap belt. I won't use it very often so i dont want to spend big money on one thanks a...
Back