Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. thepotroast

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

We have much in common. I don't mind doing brakes like I did last weekend, or other minor mechanical now on my truck, but my days of wrenching everything....even though I know how, and still have the tools, are starting to slim down a little since my income allows me to pay someone else to do...
  2. thepotroast

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

I just had to replace the front rotors/pads on my 03 Eddie 4x4. I couldn't get one of the lugs off on the left side, drove it down to the local tire shop. They couldn't get it off with the standard impact wrench they use for customer vehicles. So they broke out some big ass air impact wrench...
  3. thepotroast

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Thanks for letting me know! I just re-uploaded all of the original pictures and hosted them on a new platform! Sorry everyone, I do check this post often so I think the pics just disappeared maybe a couple of weeks ago max. They should now be back for everyone!
  4. thepotroast

You're unable to press them out using the press kit described in this write up? Make sure you're using the correct sized adapter that will push through the hole, and that you aren't pressing on the arm itself. If you don't line the press up correctly centered and straight, you'll never get those...
  5. thepotroast

Lost the steel pin on top of thermostat housing unit

I feel your pain OP. I made that mistake once myself. Once.
  6. thepotroast

Front hub assembly bolts - TTY or reuseable?

Just re-use them if they look good. The tech bulletin for replacing the front hub does require you to also replace the bolts (with Ford part # incl), but I don't have the tech bulletin handy, but I've seen it (and reference to the bolts/replacement) mentioned several times here. When I did my...
  7. thepotroast

Sounds like you had the same result as I did when I originally made this thread/post, about one of the ball joints splitting at the top! Glad it all worked out for you, and that was a great move to knock out those swar bar links while you were in the thick of it. :thumbsup:
  8. thepotroast

Will size 285 tires fit using only coil spacers to lift?

Thanks for PM'ing me so I knew to come to your thread :) Yes, when I installed my 285's with the 3" BL I was able to drive ok. I could not however turn my wheels full lock to both sides, maybe around 75% if memory serves? I put the RoadBully coil spacer lift on it shortly after...I had planned...
  9. thepotroast

coolant getting into valve cover?

It's your intake manifold. This is a common problem. There is a thread about it here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378656&highlight=crack+intake If you search "cracked intake" in the 02-05 forum, you will see a lot of topics about it. Also some YouTube vids explain...
  10. thepotroast

Great to see so many people still benefiting from this information! Cheers!
  11. thepotroast

service engine light.

I just finished solving my rough engine issue, my check engine light showed multiple misfires on startup and misfire on cylinder #6. I put in new coil packs yesterday and it solved my problem. Checkout my post here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380846
  12. thepotroast

Engine skipping SOLVED- New coil packs installed 4.6L V8 *PICS*

I was having a hard time getting my engine skipping issue properly addressed. It first started a week after buying my truck from the dealer. :roll: Specs: 2003 EB 4.6L V8, 83k miles The engine would skip only when under a load at low RPM's. For instance, going uphill in a high gear under a...
  13. thepotroast

parting out 3rd gen 2002-2005 explorer

Top notch seller :thumbsup: Thanks for the hookup! :smokinfro
  14. thepotroast

need help finding a certain thread...

No, not that one....the OTHER behind the grill LED light thread... :bsnicker: :dead:
  15. thepotroast

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

It really is a no-brainer to become Elite here. As said, the savings and knowledge that this site affords is well worth the measly $20. That's 5 gallons of gas at today's price. Not sure about everyone else's truck, but that goes quick in mine :D Heck, just being able to have my own...
  16. thepotroast

Police SUV interceptor rims

I think we should start it all over and wait another 3 years from now. It can be one of those kinds of threads. To the bottom she goes....see you in 3 more years :salute:
  17. thepotroast

Biggest Tires on 17" EB Rims?

Holy 5yr old thread revival :eek: I think what you're asking is if he had to modify anything to replace the tires with the larger size, and the answer is no.
  18. thepotroast

Buying an explorer

They ALL have issues, the 2002 being the worst of the entire generation....
  19. thepotroast

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Welcome to the club! :thumbsup:
  20. thepotroast

alternate rims for 04 EB

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup: Take a stroll on over to the Modified 2002-2005 section of the forum, you'll get lots of assistance for your aftermarket desires :) There is a ongoing sticky and thread in that section where members can show of their 3rd Gen pictures and you'll find a...
  21. thepotroast

Coolant leaking into oil pan

That's the problem, they aren't aluminum. The intake manifolds on these trucks are 100% plastic composite. The failure occurs are the water neck in the thermostat housing at the front of the manifolds and at the rear where the heater hose connects from the top. These are the typical locations...
  22. thepotroast

4th gen body lift is installed!!!!!!!

What set of 24's do you have? Pics?
  23. thepotroast

Coolant leaking into oil pan

The plastic intake manifolds on these crack all the time and leak coolant into the oil. It's quite common. If this is the case, replace it with a Dorman aftermarket which has the upgraded aluminum coolant flow channels and it alleviates the cracking issue and coolant leaks.
  24. thepotroast

'04 Explorer "4x4 High" light flashing

Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup: Check the ground wire on the transfer case shift motor. If you do a search on here you'll see this is a common solution to this identical problem. If it's been worn off, replace the wire and you should be ok.
  25. thepotroast

Dan the Australian G'day!

Never realized the right-hand drive 3rd gen Explorers had different taillights than those in the US. Interesting! :thumbsup:
Back