Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2006 - CD player not working

I have a 2006 and the cd player will work only on radio. When I try to play a cd is says cd error, when i try to eject it says cd eject error. Is there a way to fix this?
  2. S

Skid plate

I tried finding one a no luck. I am going to fab a custom one. Shouldnt be to hard
  3. S

Tow package

Awsome yah i have those two lines. I just wanted to make sure becuase on my friend 03 v8 he has a little radiator looking thing stuck on his tranny. I guess the 4.0 v6 is just a different design.
  4. S

Tow package

I have a 2006 4.0 xlt. I have the factory hitch which I believe all explorers come with and I was wondering if that means I have tranny coolers etc.. I am trying to locate where they are to make sure that I have one. I see lines but nothing that looks like a mini radiator on the tranny. I want...
  5. S

Off-roading help

Dont go heavy off roading if its your daily driver. It is not worth it being broken. Giving it that off road look is always cool. Go ahead and buy a jeep for like 500$ and beat the s%^&t out of it.
  6. S

2006 explorer radiator

The dealership for mine replaced the hoses with sone thick nylon looking ones and the thermostat. They said it was not the radiator but the hoses. Haven't had a problem since
  7. S

Brake upgrade?

My brake is spongy to. I dont really mind it but there is a TSB for it.
  8. S

In dash DVD / navigation

Looking at getting a new head unit but I was curious as to which will fit in the 2006 X. If anyone has one with some pics that would be great. Looking for something that is affordable. I really want iPhone connectivity and touch screen. Navigation would be great but not a must. DVD is a must.
  9. S

Radiator question

Hello just had a quick question. I had the super fan problem a couple weeks ago due to a leak in one of the radiator hoses. The dealer fixed the problem and the truck is running great. the fan almost never comes on and when it does it is for a second which is cool. I was changing my air...
  10. S

2009 Sport

I am looking on patriot decals but i cant find anything or the explorer. Anyone know which ones fit the explorer. I was looking at the camo ford emblem overlay.
  11. S

Water Leaking from Overhead Console Map Light Button

I had the same problem and i had no idea there was a tsb for it so i thought it was the windshield leaking. I threw some more selant on it and i havent had the problem since.
  12. S

Towing a Boat with a Limited

U will have no problem at all. My friend has the same explorer and has a 23 foot bayliner. Tows it perfectly.
  13. S

Plastic Creaking on drive side dash - DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I have the sound of plastic creaking someones knee is pressed up against the passanger door. I have no idea how to fix that.
  14. S

Parking Sensors

Hey I was just wondering if there is any way to turn the volume up on the parking sensors. I hear them but I would like them to be louder. It seems recently they have been kind of soft. My friends 03 explorer is much louder. Just wondering if anyone has heard of how or if it is possible.
  15. S

2006 explorer radiator

Bought my 2006 4.0 explorer 7 months ago. I got it used at 45,000 miles and it now has 55,000 miles. the fan in the truck kept coming on. It sounded cool and at first i thought it was just the hot south florida summer making it come on but it would just stay on. After some suspisions i looked at...
  16. S

Advise on tires

Bottom line is everyone has there preferences. Go online or to your local shop and check out what kind of tread pattern you like and what fits your driving style whether it be off road or highway or both.
  17. S

Advise on tires

BFG ALL TERRAINS GENERAL GRABBER - GREAT TIRES GREAT DEAL NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS - HEARD THEY WEAR PRETTY FAST I have mickey thompson baja atz tires on my 2006 XLT.
  18. S

What I want to do!!!

Cant wait to see pics. how did the lift install go. I have been debating on it.
  19. S

New stroblight video

Looks like they where on the hood shining on the grill
  20. S

Tires

just curious. What is the biggest tire size that can fit in a 2006 explorer without a lift and without rubbing. i want to switch over to the micky thomspon baja atz tires. Is the biggest tire size that can fit a 265 70 17?
  21. S

What I want to do!!!

both wear pretty slow. Pretty sure the grabber has a 60,000 mile tread warranty.
  22. S

What I want to do!!!

it depends on what kind of driving you do. If you go off road a lot and need that traction go with the mud KM2. If you just want a mean look go with an all terrain - a general grabber at2 or a bfg all terrain. The mud terrain wear out very fast on the road but they look awsome.
  23. S

What I want to do!!!

I did the nitto terra grapplers on the truck with no lift. Let me know if you want to see any other variations.
  24. S

What I want to do!!!

I did some veriations for you aswell. What the truck might look like - NO LIFT - 265 Mud Terrain KM2 LIFT - FRONT - Just some more previews i came up with.
  25. S

BF Goodrich or Goodyear

If you do more highway miles like myself but hit the trails on the weekend or whatever it may be you might want to look into the Nitto Terra Grapplers. Great on and off the road and much cheaper than both of those tires.
Back