Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Factory JBL sub with enclosure, amps, etc

Hi, I am selling a full factory JBL rear sub enclosure, including all of the following: 1. Plastic enclosure 2. Sub 3. Two factory amplifiers still attached 4. Factory speaker cover grille in eddie bauer tan Says 1996 all over it in various places. Pretty sure it will fit...
  2. K

blown headgasket still runs, reverse but no fwd gears?

Well, the transmission is back together nicely. No leaks. I adjusted the band tension by torquing to 120in-lbs, then backed off two turns. STILL NO FORWARD GEARS!! Something is very wrong. I'm out of ideas. Except to get a pressure gage and test for pressure. I still haven't done that...
  3. K

need tranny filter bolt ASAP!

I saw that kit online, but the shop told me that was a kit for a 1995 and up only. Anyway, I ended up getting a bolt at lowe's that worked based on what ford told me the dimensions were today. Ford no longer stocks these bolts, for everyone's info...
  4. K

Got in contact with ford today, they don't stock the bolt anymore. He said it was 6mm, 8.8 standard, but couldn't give me a length. I got a 6 x 40 and a 6 x 50 at lowes, and put a washer on it. Good to go. Buttoning it up now, hope the tranny is back in business now. We'll see...
  5. K

need tranny filter bolt ASAP!

I have a dead explorer 93 E.B. 4x4 in my driveway right now, because the fool I bought it from didn't have a filter installed on the transmission. The tranny would go in reverse, but no forward drive at all in any gear. I dropped the pan, fluid looked good, but there was no filter installed...
  6. K

Damn all Ford dealers are closed today. Anyone know where to look for the thread pitch and length of the filter screw???!! FML this sucks
  7. K

Well I dropped the pan. It was clean fluid, but some sludge in the bottom. Not too bad. The previous owner was running with no filter installed. The screw to put it on is not there. I'm hoping it isn't snapped off in the hole, but the hole looks okay for now. Now I have to get a new screw...
  8. K

As the title says, my headgasket is blown, tackling that asap. Bought a busted up 1993 eddie bauer that looks great cosmetically. However, the transmission is exhibiting odd performance. I have park, reverse, neutral, all working as they should. OD, D, 2, 1, I get nothing, just slipping...
  9. K

Check out this brush guard on ebay

Oops, I just saw someone else had already posted that pic in another thread. Anyway, that thing looks like a toy, IMHO.
  10. K

Check out this brush guard on ebay

Anyone ever come accross one of these installed on an explorer? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2452807896&category=33645
  11. K

My '91 Explorer - A Lesson in Patience!

Stealth- You can probably find the solution to some of these by doing a search for the individual problem. Nearly everything that can go wrong with these trucks has a write up on this site with how to fix it. I'll give you my opinion on a couple of your probs. 1. Know that the oil...
  12. K

Will this work? Dangerous?

Cool. Do you remember any problems you had putting them in, or anything else you might suggest about the best way to go about it?
  13. K

Whats a good site/magazine to get Explorer stuff?

www.performanceproducts.com
  14. K

Will this work? Dangerous?

I've been thinking a lot lately about what to do to the front of my ex. I would like to get some fog lights and some driving lights up front. I was thinking about mounting the fogs up in the two rectangular cutouts that are in the center of the bumper, and aiming them down. Has anyone tried...
  15. K

HOW TO:Lift WITH ARC!!(pic's)

I just picked up a 95 limited for my wife to drive around. I had the dealer do a quick diagnostic on the car before I bought it, and they told me the shocks on the ARC trucks have been discontinued. How can I improve my ride as the truck ages? Where has anyone found replacement parts?
  16. jada_and_dad

jada_and_dad

17. jada

jada

18. 1_7_2004_11_09_AM_0002

1_7_2004_11_09_AM_0002

19. 1_7_2004_12_02_PM_0001

1_7_2004_12_02_PM_0001

20. Jada Dominique Torres

Jada Dominique Torres

The newest addition to the family
  21. K

Welcome the newest member of the Elite Explorers

Welcome! As the record holder for elitiist with least posts, I feel you are worthy without a doubt. Enjoy, and don't forget to use your new space for some pics.
  22. K

Show off your Wheels

(dead links) hope that picture works...
  23. K

ECX RUN IN WILMINGTON, NC (CAROLINA & KURE BEACHES)

I'm up for it. As some of you know I get stuck in the middle of the ocean for weeks at a time being as I'm in the navy. But if it hits at the right time, I am very much down. My truck is itching to play, it's been a while.
  24. K

Shackle Upgrade (Warrior 153) Questions

I also had a rear end sag. My truck is very lifted, but that shouldn't really matter for what you're trying to figure out. I would say I got about one inch plus. If you look in the before and after section, I posted some pics about a month ago that might help.
  25. K

4wd won't disengage

I had this exact problem 2 weeks ago. I figured since the lights went out, but it was still engaged, that something electrical had to be screwed up. I opened up the jack cover in the cargo area, and pushed the little white reset button on the 4wd brain relay thing. Then, I opened up the hood...
Back