Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

V6 vs. V8: MPG

Here are some tips... they depend on your budget. Stock / a hundred bucks at the auto-parts store and a weekend: Remove the cross bars on your roof rack (helps with highway mpg) Engine Tune-up: NGK plugs with proper temp rating/wires/fuel filter/etc Replace the MAF and O2 sensors Remove...
  2. N

98 Eddie Bauer needs some work

Hey Nigel. I am refitting a new-to-me 98 Eddie Bauer 4x4 with the SOHC v6. Driving around the potholes of Waltham Ma, here's some advice for your issues... 1. Replace the front shocks and tie rods. I figured out that the tie rod ends on mine "look" okay, but once I got under there they...
  3. N

V6 vs. V8: MPG

This is a lie
  4. N

Failed Ct. emissions, need help

If you cannot find an OBD-II scan tool to borrow for CT drive cycle: The mechanic who provided this helpful "drive cycle for Explorer" said to simply follow the instructions a few times. He said in his experience that both the stop and go and also the highway were required. Then it would more...
  5. N

Failed Ct. emissions, need help

A little friendly advice, first of all find one mechanic and stick with them so they know the truck. For DIY: 1) Get the Haynes book for your truck or an all data DIY subscription and save off the PDFs (alldata carries the factory service manuals). Or even get the factory service manuals...
  6. N

Washer not Washin'...FIXED IT!!

Washer motor - fixed!! I used this to fix my 98 Eddie Bauer. Those relays are hidden in plain view. Steps: - remove the top of the air box - remove the mass airflow sensor and intake adapter along with the airbox top - leave the bottom of the airbox installed Notes: There are three...
Back