Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Cant Figure Out Overheating

Kind of chaps my butt that you can't just open the radiator cap and take a look at the fluid and see what level it is at or see if it is flowing through. I really miss my Jeeps.
  2. M

Cant Figure Out Overheating

Help! I did a job on my car last weekend and replaced the blend door actuator by following the steps in one the the posts here. It worked fine for a few hours then when I was turning it down to a little cooler temp I lost it all the way. I travel all the time and my car sits for a week or two...
  3. M

Changing Temp Sensor

I just put a block of wood on the bottom and tried to use a c clamp to ease it in place. Almost worked then slipped off. I need another set of hands to hold it together. RTV might work if it doesn't eat the plastic or o-ring
  4. M

Changing Temp Sensor

Yes, if I remove it it does seat. Thought about heating the o-ring a bit. The old one seats in the new housing, but since the o-ring is compressed it feels loose.
  5. M

Changing Temp Sensor

I got that it goes outside...meaning each end fits on the slot on either side, but I can't for the life of me get the damn sensor in far enough to fit the keeper and I'm about 220 pounds and in pretty good shape. Thought my palm was going to start bleeding I was pushing on it so hard.
  6. M

Changing Temp Sensor

Yea, I figured it would be easier to get the clip in before I put the housing on and less chances of losing it down in the engine. I don't see how the clip can fit in the slot all the way because the flared end is too large to get through the hole on the far side once it is around the sensor...
  7. M

Changing Temp Sensor

Yea, that is the o-ring that came with the temp sensor, but it seems too fat. Fitting the clip properly? It seems the clip only goes in a little bit. I slid the clip around the temp sensor then held it against the hole and the two ends that flare out look like they would bite into the...
  8. M

Changing Temp Sensor

I have an 03 Explorer that has a crack in the cheap plastic thermostat housing. So I bought a new lower and upper thermostat housing, thermostat and both o rings needed to replace these parts. I also bought a temp sensor. This temp. sensor is a pain in the ass. I thought I would put it on...
  9. M

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

I thought maybe the thermostat was getting stuck and then it could be the water pump failing. As I said one moment it would show in the red then drop to normal. It was dark out so I didn't get to check to many things. The upper hose was hot, but it would be if the thermostat, which I changed...
  10. M

Yea, I was going to check the thermostat tomorrow, but I just replaced it last year. Coolant level is ok.
  11. M

Ok, My heat wasn't working and I heard the knocking under the dash so I bought the part and took the whole thing apart. The old one turned, but stopped and acted like it was failing so I went ahead and replaced it. Made sure it turned before I put it in. It was set to cold on putting it in and I...
  12. M

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Ok, My heat wasn't working and I heard the knocking under the dash so I bought the part and took the whole thing apart. The old one turned, but stopped and acted like it was failing so I went ahead and replaced it. Made sure it turned before I put it in. It was set to cold on putting it in...
  13. M

Wheels and Tires Jeep to Explorer

Just had an accident that totaled my 1999 Jeep Cherokee and it had new wheels and Michelin LTX tires on it. The 2003 Explorer I bought needs new tires and has stock rims on it. Want to swap the 235.75.15 tires/rims on my Jeep to the Explorer which has 235.70.16 Can I swap these rims and...
  14. M

2003 xlt radio wiring...searched already

Finished with the install. Here are a few things to consider: It was easiest for me to get the trim panel off starting at the top with a butter knife and pulling it off a little at a time. There are six clips that hold it on...one on each corner and two in the middle. The install kit...
  15. M

Thanks guys. I called schoche and they said not to hook them up, but after I got the panel off and old radio out I couldn't find a ground strap in the bay for the radio. Nothing back there to ground to. Am I missing something or do I need to ground to the body? Thought about running a wire...
  16. M

What's up everyone? I have a problem. Just bought a 2003 XLT and I took my Sony radio out of my totaled Jeep and want to put it in. Got the wiring harness and did all the color coding to radio wiring, but I am left with the orange and orange/white wires. How do I wire these in so that I...
Back