Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

2002 Explorer XLS Stereo wire harness trouble

Sounds the accessory feed in your ignition switch could be bad. If the stereo comes on when the key is in the ON position and everything else works as normal, but the key is in ACC nothing works then you have a bad connection somewhere in the switch, or the switch itself is bad
  2. N

Lost only key to my 99 Ford Explorer PLEASE HELP

You are out of luck on this one. I don't think dealerships can make a key from the VIN, at least not the last time I checked (at least for my 99) To have a key made that will start the vehicle you will need either two already programmed keys which you don't have, or a trip to the dealership for...
  3. N

Piston question for 10:1 on 99

I've got a 1999 OHV I'm looking into rebuilding, I want to bump up the compression to close to 10:1, as well as throw a cam in it. From everything I've read my best option is to use the 95tm/98tm heads with 1st gen pistons. I'm wanting to make sure that I won't have an issue with using 1st gen...
  4. N

Engine Swap.

If you can start the truck and it runs by bypassing the solenoid, this is not a PATS issue, but an issue in the wiring itself somewhere
  5. N

Nic's '99 Explorer Sport

Here's some shots I just grabbed, I've never had it color flicker so much before it was awesome!
  6. N

Nic's '99 Explorer Sport

The all black ones? I bought them for a retrofit? Which I just had to redo because of an accident caused by someone pulling out in front of me
  7. N

question about upgrading alt. wire

Leave the factory wire in place and add an additional wire from the alternator straight to the battery
  8. N

Aftermarket Intake's

I had the one that you posted from ebay, it worked fine, but because the pipe is metal it heated up I've also ran stock pipe with MAF adapter and K&N filter, but I'm currently running a full K&N kit, spend a little over 200 for it, but I do like the intake pipe a lot better
  9. N

WTB: EE Rear sway bar

Looking for an EE rear sway bar for a 99 sport reasonably priced, located in 73162
  10. N

Projector Head Lights

I should have my projectors in Wednesday if this week, I'l take some photo's of what i is needed to modify in order to install them Black headlights and corner lights - $115 (projector)Morimoto Mini H1 - $120 Ballast - still have my old Morimoto's from before my wreck (bulb) Morimoto H1 5000K...
  11. N

Projector Head Lights

I've had the one piece projectors, stock, and retrofitted. One piece projectors performed worse than stock clean lenses. but retrofitted projectors are the best! Due to the accident my truck was involved in two months ago, I had to go back to stock, but am ordering all necessary parts to...
  12. N

2000 Ford Explorer SPARK PLUGS?

I run NGK in my explorer as well as all my other vehicles, and have never had a problem
  13. N

How do I use a 4G alternator in a '93 Ranger (stock 3G)?

Yeah the one I pulled from a SOHC only bolted on the front two bolts and not the back one, never worried about it. Just tightened down the other two real good, never had any issues
  14. N

How do I use a 4G alternator in a '93 Ranger (stock 3G)?

I ran an alternator from a SOHC in my OHV for close to two years without that plug installed before I upgraded to a High Output, never had any issues. My alternator guy was surprised when he saw it, but stated that it's just redundancy on the 3G.
  15. N

Nic's '99 Explorer Sport

I haven't had a chance to get my photos off my camera yet, but I had a friend send me one that I snapped with his
  16. N

Recommend me Double Din Nav ready radio

Normally a decent double din will run you that much, I highly doubt you'll even find a nav unit for that cheap Edit: Well I did find this one http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68732_Pyle-PLDNV695.html but the reviews are a hit and miss, some units seem to work fine, others don't. I've never...
  17. N

Intermittent no start

The starter is fairly new and when it cranks doesn't struggle I've cleaned the battery posts, I'll definitely give the cable twist a try and maybe run an extra one, and check the ground as well
  18. N

Nic's '99 Explorer Sport

It's been a while since I've updated this, over chrsitmas the slave went out again, so I ordered all new parts, Centerforece dual friction clutch, new m5r1 transmission, performance polyurethane trans mount, royal purple trans fluid, and all new clutch hydralics, after it being down for about a...
  19. N

Intermittent no start

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport 4.0 OHV w/manual transmission, I'm currently having an issue with it not wanting to start at times, I can get in and turn the key and get nothing, sometimes when I turn the key it just clicks once, and others it starts right up. The times that is doesn't turn...
  20. N

New Idea For LED Signal Mirrors On Explorer

Not sure about where you are from, But I do know that in Oklahoma it is illegal to have white, blue, or red flashing lights on a vehicle
  21. N

Big 3 & HO Alternator = voltage drop?

Yes swapping to a smaller belt solved my problem, I don't remember the length though
  22. N

Big 3 & HO Alternator = voltage drop?

I had the same issue when I got my High output alternator from them, it turned out my serpentine belt was too loose, had to get a smaller size
  23. N

Does Ford use different projectors for Explorer Halogen & HID? ...ANSWERED!

stupid? I wouldn't say that, but considering the projectors are different, definitely not the best idea
  24. N

Spyder halo lights?

The LED's are pretty dim unless it is dark outside, the ccfl are the ones that would have been bright in the daytime, you may want to verify polarity to make sure + connects to + and - connects to -, but if it were flipped the halos or LEDs would not work at all
  25. N

My kensun 6000k hids. SUPER BRIGHT

ah ok that makes sense, the retrofit was one of the best things I've done. I have to redo them because somebody pulled out in front of me a couple weeks ago, going back to factory lights isn't fun
Back