Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

head lamp problems

Better idea???? Well Ford over complicated the hell out of these new ones. When they added the headlamp monitor feature all of the lights have their power supply wires routed thru the "SMART BOX". Not so smart for the consummer but great for the service dpartment at Ford. Mine went out about a...
  2. W

head lamp problems

Hello, I have an 06 Explorer limited and one of my low beeams is out. simple problem? NO. Their is some voltage making it thru to the bulb only 2.5V. long story short All Data's trouble check chart leads to either the wire between the Smart Junction Box "SJB" and the head lamp scocket or the SJB...
  3. W

Rear Blower Motor

I'm not sure where it is located on the explorer but it will be between the fan switch and the fan it's self. What it does is vary the voltage to the fan motor, with a three speed switch their will be three wires going in and one comming out going to the fan. Inside the resistor their are coil...
  4. W

Rear Blower Motor

my 96 XLT i am sure has a booster fan, and it works fine. My problem is i just picked up a 2006 limited and it has no flow to the back seat. It doesn't have a switch for a fan or raido controls for that mater in the rear of the console. It such a nice truck i can't belive they left these minor...
  5. W

Rear Blower Motor

is their a single lever on the rear of the console or twin switches?
  6. W

chalenging question's for a knowalgable ford tech.

Hello, I have an 06 limited with out rear aux. air. It does have rear seat registers in the console arm rest. Unlike my 96 XLT it doesn't have a fan speed control back their. It is equiped with the dual zone electronic A/C unit (right & left). On max cool I do get a small amount of air out of...
  7. W

Rear Blower Motor

what year and model do you have? i am having a simmilar problem with my 06 limited. my 96XLT had a switch on the rear of the console to control the fan and I'm trying to figure out if the 06 has a booster fan. thanks, steve
  8. W

Passenger side outer vent

i just bought an 06 limited. Over the weekend i was repairing the driverside louver and lubricating the rest. I noticed the same thing, I thought i had reassembled it upside down but thet only go in one way. steve
  9. W

Floor blower outlet problem!

are you talking about the rear seat vents?
  10. W

RAP Module Location

did my dealer lie, or were they un-knowledgeable? Good news, did they say weather their was a sticker on it? lucky I'm hard headed and if it is behind the insturment cluster it should be reletively easy to pull and locate. I wouldn't have minded if the phone tech at my service dept. told me...
  11. W

RAP Module Location

looking for the code I just purchased an 06 limited and the wallet card in the owners manual is missing. I too pulled the right side pannel and found only the sub woofer amp ad sealt belt comtrol module. Just for grins i pulled the driver side also and it ain't there neither. The owners manual...
  12. W

How to: Installing a Transmission Temperature Gauge

compression fittings and transmission fluid presure hey guys, I have a couple of thoughts. First is when installing compresion fittings even on new lines you should always use emory cloth or sand paper to clean the area before cutting the line with a tubing cutter. Someone stated trany presure...
  13. W

thanks for the temp numbers guy's. I also have talked to B&M and a local trany guy and none seem to know what would be concidered an acceptable output temp for mine or any other transmission for that mater. Being an outboard mechanic and not just a owner/driver some questions just have to have...
  14. W

NC, what temps are you seeing with the sender on the hot side of the transmission? how much of an increase do you see towing? I'm not the brightest bulb in the box heck i'm just a dumb old outboard mechanic. I was going to mount it on the hot side also even though their instrusctions...
  15. W

well I purchased a B&M gauge kit, it came with sender, wire, T-adpter fitting and a plastic gauge mount the blended well on the steering collum. The instructions for mounting the sender has it going in the return line, the phone tech at B&M states that is the closest in accuracy to pan mounting...
  16. W

Tow in OD or not to tow in OD?

i have a 96 4x4 w/the 4.0l and it has 160000 miles on it. i had pulled a 14' fiberglass flat bottom that porbably weighs 1500 lbs with the trailer and gear. i live in NE Florida and have made numerous trips to the keys, Everglades City and the weat coast of Florida. for four years now i have...
  17. W

Is my Limited Slip Differential Working?

I have a simmlar question. 1996 explorer 4x4 with an axle code of 45. At the beach in two wheel drive both rear tires will dig in until the rear is burried. According to all the charts I have seen I have a 3:55 open rear end. Any one know why? Due to the lack of service on every thing else i...
  18. W

Transmission temp? It looks like you have it figured out. What is the avreage temp the transmission should run at? I will be pulling a trailer with my 96 4 X 4,anyone know what is concidered a safe max temp would be? thanks, Steve
  19. W

Tow in OD or not to tow in OD?

Hello, I have a 1996 4 door 4 X 4 w/4.0l and auto trans. I have a couple of questions and they all relate to tow capacity. First the axle code on my vin. plate stated it is a "45", the owners manual does not show this code but it says this vehicle with the "46"/3:73 ratio it is rated for...
Back