Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Gearbox fault

So my 2000 Explorer The north Face is having gearbox problems. This truck has only covered 60000 miles and we have had it for 6 years now. I do not have the funds time or ability to change the gearbox or have it refurbed so I am selling her for spares or repair. Aircon needs a regas and somone...
  2. B

Rough Running

Thanks Runs ok when I give it plenty of throttle once I am through the rough running. It's a bit like the engine is flooding then once that is cleared and excess fuel got rid of back to normal til I back off due to getting desired speed then when I drops in to top gear and the revs drop it's...
  3. B

Rough Running

So my wife's 2000 Explorer has 48000 genuine miles. Didn't use it much during the winter as we were using my own Explorer. So when we did use it we had problems with rough running. It's not to bad if you are above 3000 RPM, but doing 40 mph or so and it runs like it's missing on one bank. A...
  4. B

Pcv

So I've been advised that my PCV (Positive Crank Ventilation Valve) on my UK 2000 Ford Explorer 4.0 V6 SOHC needs changing. So I got the replacement. All the Haynes manual says is that it's on the left hand side of the engine. However book refers to LHD and mine's RHD. I still can't find the...
  5. B

Help Heater is playing up

Thanks Chris
  6. B

Help Heater is playing up

So my 2000 heater is stuck on hot. The knob just seems to be a little easier to turn, not much but there is a difference. Any ideas what it is likely to be? I've heard that the blend motor can give trouble, but the Haynes manual isn't much help.
  7. B

treadwright, alignment.

Help please can someone tell me what the alignment (Tracking) should be on my 1999 Explorer with standard 255 70 16 tyres? Here in the UK I can't seem to get that information and my local tyre supplier doesnt have that information either so only sets the tracking to 0 degrees, which then eats...
  8. B

Couple of things

Hi, couple of little niggles. I had my tracking set when I brought new tyres 16k mires ago and the inner edges are worn badly. It seems that when they set my tracking they set it to 0 degrees. Anyone know what the tracking should be? Where is the PCV on my 1999 North Face? Where is the...
  9. B

So my tracking (Wheel alignment) was out and I paid to have it done when I replaced my tyres...

So my tracking (Wheel alignment) was out and I paid to have it done when I replaced my tyres 16000 miles ago. I have since found out that they set the tracking to 0 degrees. Can anyone tell me what the tracking is supposed to be? How many degrees toe in/tow out it is supposed to be? Thanks Clive
  10. B

Anyone know where the PCV is on a 1999 4.0L V6 SOHC? I have a haynes manual but this is no help...

Anyone know where the PCV is on a 1999 4.0L V6 SOHC? I have a haynes manual but this is no help. Cheers Clive
  11. B

I wrote to 4x4 magazine frustrated at the lack of info, stories about the Explorer. As we have 3...

I wrote to 4x4 magazine frustrated at the lack of info, stories about the Explorer. As we have 3 North Face Explorers in our family they are putting a piece in readers rides. They are also doing a nostalgia piece on the Explorer in next month's magazine our on 9th March. Hope you enjoy reading.
  12. B

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

Uk Hi, so what about us UK Explorer owners? Price shipping info? Will they fit UK plates? Thanks
  13. B

That's odd - bigger tires corrected my speedometer

UK owner here. I have 255/70/16s in my 1999 my wife's 2000 and father in laws 2000 Explorer The North Face. All 3 vehicles read 5 mph over. So when we are doing 70 mph the speedo reads 75. I have verified this with my TomTom GPS Satnav and my GPS in car CCTV (SIV Camera). Any idea on what size...
  14. B

Wanted Explorer North Face

There must be a North Face out there somewhere with less than 80K 90K miles. Not worried about colour just a tidy 2000 North Face with reasonable miles.
  15. B

Driving Lights

Don't want poncy plastic bull bars. As for local plod, I couldnt tell you if bull bars are legal or not. As for the driving lights in the lower bumper as long aas they are over 150mm and come on with main beam they are legal. Checked with my insurance company.
  16. B

Driving Lights

Only if you are me. lol
  17. B

Driving Lights

I would but it would give the local plod another reason to pull me over! My reply now is, "I have 2 words for you officer......... police harassment!" lol I dont suppose you are REME by any chance?
  18. B

Driving Lights

I want to fit a pair of driving lights to the front of My 2000 North Face. A mechanic says it can't be done as the bumper is plastic. Any ideas on how to fit these extra lights to my North Face? I drive in a lot of country Lanes so need the extra light. Thanks in advance for any assistance...
  19. B

Wanted Explorer North Face

I had to suspend my previous search due to surgery. I am now in a position to start looking again. So what I want is a 2000/2001 Black North Face with 80000 miles or less and ideally no work needing and no mods. I know it's a big ask, but that is what my wife wants so hopefully I can get as near...
  20. B

I want another Ex

I was an Ex Hi Chris, I'm after a North Face that needs no work thanks. I've got a green one but the wife wants one as well! In a perfect world it would not be green but I know that's difficult, and hopefully reasonable miles. Can you send me some pictures? I'll show the wife and see what...
  21. B

I want another Ex

I'm looking for another Ex. I'm after a 2000/2001 North Face, with resonable miles, No mods. Looked at a couple with no joy. Thanks
  22. B

Poly Bush

So I have looked at Superpro and Polybush.co.uk without success. Any ideas on who can supply a full set of poly bushes for the suspention, steering and anti roll bars for my 99 Explorer Northface? Thanks
  23. B

Rear Window Wiper

:feedback:On my father in law's and my Explorers the rear window wiper does not clear the area it is supposed to clear and the wiper blade misses at least half of the screen it is supposed to clear. We have both brought new wiper blades and tried adjusting the wiper arm to no avail. I have...
  24. B

Wanted Set of Wheels

Any body got a spare set of wheels for a 99 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC?
  25. B

Tyres

AT2s are a good tyre for all terrain work and are very good in the rough. However, we have found them noisey on road and wet weather handling is poor. We want to keep the AT2s for when the going gets tough, but want a set of tyres that perform well on the road including on wet roads for day to...
Back