Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

91 explorer dies intermittently

Ah, thanks.
  2. C

Can you be more specific ? ECM, Engine Control Module-relay ? Thats a generic term, in my opinion. EDIT: Let me guess, thats what your mechanic told you the problem was.
  3. C

I had mine tested at my local auto parts store for free, (Adanced Auto Parts). He told me I was the first person to ever have one tested. EDIT: One thing I'm not so sure of, the test may not be so thorough. I say that knowing my old Tbird TFI module would work fine while it was cold. It...
  4. C

Low Range Light Comes On Randomly

This seems to be some what common on the 1st gen-push button-4x4 systems. My '90 Bronco II LED will glow dim when its really cold out side and now my 94 Explorer low range LED is coming on randomly. I'm curious if the 4x4 relay box in the rear cargo area has capacitors that could be going bad...
  5. C

I believe there is a ignition module in front of the battery. My old Tbird would cut off when it got hot. It was the TFI type, not sure if the new modules experienced this too.
  6. C

For Sale Parting out 1992 4 Door Explorer 4x4

Just the ring and pinion. However, I am wanting a positive traction rear too. I believe the correct term is limited slip ? Anyway, my 8.8 has a 3:27 open (41 code) and it totally sucks ! LOL EDITED: Send me a private message with your Paypal. Thanks ! Darn, 2nd EDIT: All Dana 35s on the...
  7. C

For Sale Misc. Explorer Parts

I'm looking for a set of 3:73 gears, front and rear....First Gen. Not looking to spend *Too Much* $$$....just bought the truck today.
  8. C

DELETED: double post due to poor connection.
  9. C

Whats the axle code ? I'm looking for a set of 3:73 gears, front & rear.
  10. C

DeRocha's Door Hinge Pin Replacement w/pics

I bought some "Testors" model paint in a bottle, the kind you brush on. I traced around my hinge with white paint, then I traced on top of the paint with a sharpie magic marker. The paint will bleed/run down in between the hinge and the door, but the sharpie leaves a nice clean line. Just don't...
  11. C

Computer & harness from SOHC to OHV ?

Its the future...Mega Squirt !
  12. C

So as far as I can tell. It may be possible to use a 94+ push rod motor with the later Over Head Cam harness & computer because it has provisions for the cam sensor (EDIT: & EGR). I've seen that the cam sensors changed from 94-95 then again in 96 and 98. With that in mind, I'm wondering if...
  13. C

What the **** ? Goddamn !
  14. C

Maybe thats whats going on then. Really I'm just trying to see what combos are possible since I have 91, 95 sports with OHV and a 91 Bronco II thats getting a 4.0 swap. So, 20 yrs from now I'd like to have easy access to parts without having to rely strictly on 91 or 95 parts (Versatile)...
  15. C

I have a 5 speed. The o2 sensor I can add. That leaves the cam sensor. I'm guessing the crank sensor would not be timed correctly since the cam is smaller which would spin more RPMs. Now I'm wondering if anything can be done about that ? I know it seems easier to just stick with the stock...
  16. C

Maybe I should re-word my question. Has anyone swapped a OHV engine to a 2nd or 3rd gen with the stock Over Head Cam harness ?
  17. C

I'm not concerned about the engine and trans fitting. Just wondering if the 2nd/3rd gen computer system/harness will work with the older engine. I've seen it the other way around. Someone swapped a newer over head cam engine into a old 90 Ranger with the old computer and harness...so...
  18. C

Cruise Control issues 1997 Merc Mounty

My 95 Xplorer runs for a few miles on cruise then starts slowing down. The green cruise light in the dash stays lit...I don't know. I just bought the thing last month.
  19. C

Liftgate alignment issues.

CDW6212R, did you swap the 95+ rubber gasket-hose to the older pre-94 gate? The 95+ rubber wiring harness hose has a bigger grommet on the gate side !
  20. C

Whats the name and size of that socket-type tool for the stricker bolt ?
  21. C

I used my stock hinges. I unbolted the gate from the hinges only. I believe it was a 8mm bolt. The ratcheting wrench was the secret to my success. I could have never tightened it down and aligned it without it.
  22. C

I just replaced my 95 Explorer gate with a 91-94 gate. The 95-98 has a neon bulb, the ballast are junk. Anyway, I adjusted my gate with the shocks off and the gate 90% shut. I sat inside the truck with one of my feet turned sideways holding the gate open about 5-6 inches, just barely enought...
  23. C

93 Explorer shuts off on its own after warming up.

You want to make a new thread, trust me. Try to be concise and stay on topic. If people become over burdened with too much information, they'll become disconcerned and forget about helping you. Plus it makes indexing/searching old topics better. Have you ever searched a topic only to...
  24. C

Water in upper HVAC

Under the windsheild wipers is the fresh air intake (cowl). Depending on the amount of debris in there, it could have rusted a hole and now allows water into the intake. For instance, On the passenger side is a raised intake pipe. On ealier RBV (Ranger based vehicles like the Bronco II) you...
  25. C

93 Explorer shuts off on its own after warming up.

Have you tested spark after if shuts off ? There is a ignition module behind the passenger headlight. I had mine checked at Advance Auto for free. I've also been told a bad EGR system will cause the engine to run rough. It may be causing some other issues as it starts to stumble. :dunno:
Back