Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

95 ex limited with 165k.
  2. E

WTB Blower control unit

does any body have a spare one that I can buy? I have the part #XL2H 19E624 AB on a 1995 ford explorer limited. the replacement part is xl2z 19E624 AA but the connector is different for 99 up units with EATC. (so I would need the connector to splice in my old wiring) thanks.
  3. E

For Sale Hood Lift Supports

hood lifts I 'll take em if still available. im assuming this will work for a 1995. paypal ok? thanks.
  4. E

Call In

illinois, west burbs Edward 1995 for exp limited
  5. E

Coolant disappearing on 4.6 ed b

mia coolant what state are you in?? if your in the snowbelt, cold weather states like i am (IL) i lose coolant in very cold weather. the plastic end caps on the radiator expands when cold and leaks from there. i bet this doesnt happen in summer? it slowly leaks when you drive so you dont see...
  6. E

For Sale New items up for sale..cheap!

steering rack asmbly still available??
  7. E

Parting out 97 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD with Gray leather interior

i need the lower steering shaft (part that attaches to the rack and pinion) it has universal joints covered by a rubber boot. good working condition when last operated? mine is all rusted out and hard to steer. ford part number is F77Z3B676EA thanks. for quick reply e mail to ed...
  8. E

Random 2nd gen stuff (Garage Sale)

radio bezel with switches i'll take the radio bezel with swtches if the illumination on the switches work. thanks. for quick reply. e mail to ed.alvarez@lexingtonhealth.com
  9. E

95-01 Explorers parting out

parts i have a 1995 exp limited. i need the lower steering shaft(with universal joints, covered by a boot) (it attaches to the rack and pinion). Good working condition pls. also i need the middle center console indicator swithches and other attached parts(4x4) and fog etc) let me...
  10. E

For Sale Parting Out 97 Explorer Limited V8 + Extras!!

limited parts i need the lower steering shaft(with universal joints covered by rubber boot). i also need the switches and other pieces for the 4x4 and fog lights etc on the center dash. let me know. thanks. pls email at ed.alvarez@lexingtonhealth.com for quick reply.
  11. E

factory head unit problem

ive got a 95 limited with the jbl system with the six cd changer and bass unit at the back. recently i am heaving radio reception going in and out on any fm and am channel and now the volume is fluctuating also. anybody had this problem? is there a factory amplifier somewhere that needs to...
  12. E

275 60 r16's on a gen2

tires i run 275x60x17 on 17 inch cobras r's. i have 4mm spacers, to eliminate full lock rub. could do w/o spacers really, no other rub issues.
  13. E

No Temp Controls For Heat/Air, Now No Heat At All???

Heat/ac do you have the EATC? (electronic temp control). i recently had my blend door assembly replaced. It looks like in the picture your actuator is not broken and is functioning. mine was the same way and i was not getting any heat. the actual blend door was broken. I also have the...
  14. E

'97 Exp No Heat...NOT blend door

blend door just had the no heat problem fixed. the blend door fix did not do it for me as the actual blend door was broken. we found this out so the whole dash had to come off. you couldnt tell the door was actually broken as there are sponge like lining on the door that held it together. so...
  15. E

coolant leak

It's BACK!!!!!!! due to extreme cold here in the midwest my coolant is leaking again upon start up. This just happens in extremely cold weather (Belowzero). Had all my hoses and clamps replaced last summer to prepare for this but i guess it didnt help. still have the original radiator. is...
  16. E

maf and throttle body

reply thanks.
  17. E

maf and throttle body

maf/tb anybody?
  18. E

heat

how soon do you guys get heat flowing after start up. trying to determine if my thermostat is shot and i need to replace. of course the gauge takes a long time to move from C . its a 4.0 limited ohv.on a 95 limited.
  19. E

maf and throttle body

would the maf and throttle body of a 98 sport ohv fit a 95 4.o ohv ? purchasing used . thanks
  20. E

Cargo Area Protector

cargo cover ive got one that covers the entire area on a 2nd gen model. i'm considering getting one just for the trunk area. I'll take a pic and e mail it to you. this is an original equipment from ford and has a logo. tan in color and thick plastic . covers all areas.
  21. E

high mount brake light

brake light no prob maybe needs a womans touch. i'll keep that in mind when i buy the ballast. with shipping might be close to dealer price.
  22. E

high mount brake light

light guys, for some odd reason my third brakelight is working again.the weather is getting colder here in the midwest and maybe that jumpstarted it. my wife used it one day and when she drove off and braked there it was. still working last time i checked. i was trying to buy a whole set...
  23. E

high mount brake light

light I'm no engineer, but i'll try and give it a whack and see if it works.
  24. E

high mount brake light

light thanks for thinking this through guys. I was trying to follow your discussion and hopefully we can find a fix.
Back