Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

1989 Ford Aerostar 3.0L EFI Weak Spark

Huh. How do I enable html?
  2. O

Close...while the circuits in the module do act as a solid-state amp, the points act as an electromagnetic amp. Using the Hall Effect to sense where the rotor is in its rotation, the ECU determines when to initiate the collapse of the primary coil current, to begin collecting the charge in the...
  3. O

Well, I got three of them just in case they are short-lived. As for the harness, don't fix it if it ain't broke:)I got this car for a dollar, rebuilt the tranny twice, changed the water pump, re-did the brakes, modified the water system, did a bio-diesel conversion and e-85(flexed it out, in...
  4. O

Thank you, Brooklyn. It's good to be here. The trouble, it turns out, was the distributor control module. The housing had split, and the discharge amplification circuit was exposed to the atmosphere. A stray arc had traveled through the casing and tracked along a moisture trail in the...
  5. O

1989 Ford Aerostar, 3.0L, V6, EFI, has a distributor and one coil. Started just fine. Was backing out of my space, went 15 ft roughly, slowed down, preparing to shift into drive, engine died. Will crank, fuel pump working. Starting fluid no help. Pulled random spark plug wire, used old plug...
Back