Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

How to convert your 'AWD' Adrenalin to true 4x4

the switch module has been claimed. if anyone is looking for a 4x4 switch, check Ebay for the center dash panel section. a lot of junkyards sell that whole panel and include the buttons, hvac, etc...
  2. 0

yes i still have it. PM me
  3. 0

Wire a resistor to headlight

or you can buy an inline pre-wired h13 resistor like this one Headlight Load Resistor Kit - H13 LED Headlight Bulbs - H13-RL650-H i tried quite a few resistor types/ohm ratings and found that one works all the time. i have a bi-led projector retrofit but same end goal...
  4. 0

Wire a resistor to headlight

the h13 plug has 3 wires, the middle wire is the ground. you'll need to wire a resistor in series between each outside wire and the ground wire. need a resistor for low and high beams
  5. 0

if anyone's wanting to do this mod to an Adrenalin and trying to find a 4x4 button module (7L2Z-14B166-AA) i have an extra one i can send to you, LMK...
  6. 0

Just bought an '07 eb 4.6L 3v, any advice?

my lifters like 10w30 much better than 5w20. been running 10w30 for years with good results...
  7. 0

07 sport trac Fuel pump replaced and styill shutting off

how about the fuel pump driver module? its above the spare tire cross member and if its never been replaced, it is probably corroded and bad
  8. 0

Adrenalin aftermarket fog light upgrade

found that these Morimoto fog lights are a direct swap for the Adrenalin's! https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-ford-4-inch-xb-led-fog-lights?quantity=1 They have a nice sharp cutoff line that looks great when properly aligned. So much better light output than the led 5202 replacement bulb...
  9. 0

98 Ex on Craigslist $10,999

for that price, I hope it comes with new sway bar end links... :eek:
  10. 0

whine in front end of 2010 4.6

also check your tires to make sure they are worn evenly. if they are mismatched you're gonna need new tires... difference in rotation speed can make the auto 4x4 kick in
  11. 0

Drive shaft Center Bearing

my only thought is that the u joints are not in phase? i've been there with my old Ranger, didnt have the splines right and when u joints are out of phase it vibrates bad...
  12. 0

glad to help. the 'awd' bugged me for years until i finally figured this out after learning more about Forscan.
  13. 0

6R80 issues/tune SportTrac

i dont have anything helpful to add, but curious what software you use to tune? i have a 5 star tune on my 2010 adrenalin and the shifting is much better than oem, but the engine has some strange behavior with either the intake runner control or the cam timing sometimes...
  14. 0

4th Gen Suspension Upgrades / Recovery Points

https://www.etrailer.com/Front-Receiver-Hitch/Ford/Explorer/2010/31545.html?VehicleID=2010203606#prod-acc-onlyreviews front 2" hitch would be a good recovery option and you can use a reciever mount winch in the front or back...
  15. 0

Adrenalin bumpers on limited?

I dont think so, only thing that might be different is extended fog light wires since those mount a little lower on the adrenalin?
  16. 0

Adrenalin bumpers on limited?

Front should fit, but you will need the fenders and fender liners too because the bumper does not have the fender flare built into it like the regular bumper does. the rear bumper definitely wont fit a regular Ex...
  17. 0

Evidently using cruise control can decrease MPG

I've noticed this, it seems like there is a different shift strategy that is used when CC is on. it's one of the few complaints i have about mine, rarely use CC unless its flat. I have a 5 star tune now and it seems to have helped a bit, but still not the same shifting based on load as regular...
  18. 0

T-case swap?

the 2nd gen ST's use the BW4412, so it would need to be a case with the same mounting pattern. the front hubs and axle dont have any means to disconnect so you'd need to come up with a way to let the front freewheel to stop the front driveshaft from always spinning too. aside from the...
  19. 0

Differences from a regular Sport Trac and an Adrenaline

the adrenalin package includes unique bumpers, grill, fenders, running boards, headlights, roof rack delete, and wheels. also it is the only sport trac trim level that is configured as 'AWD' but in reality the hardware is all the same as the 4WD sport trac's with a two speed transfer case (see...
  20. 0

Steering Shaft

how many miles on that original one? was there a core charge? new part looks good
  21. 0

Hey, is that a new Maverick?!?

Has anyone else with a gen 2 ST heard this comment from people lately? I've gotten it twice now from random strangers! maybe its the Adrenalin package that kind of looks like one... i think it's funny that a 12+ year old truck gets the attention and questions still! Funny to explain that...
  22. 0

Throttle Position Sensors - How Often to Replace? TPS

i replaced the tps sensor twice about 5-7 years ago, but after the second time, I untaped the harness and wires that lead up to the tps sensor, separated all the wires and taped each one, and then re-taped the whole harness to add some space between wires. im not sure if there was some cross...
  23. 0

Rear Bucket Seats in a Sport Trac

I would definitely do this if I didn't have 3 kids.... haha
  24. 0

What’s everyone doing for lowering kits? 2010 sport trac

awesome thanks for sharing those pics! only reason i am hesitant on the scale setup is i'm not sure of the impact to towing capacity. any thoughts there? do you think the rear spring rate is high enough to still be able to tow a little bit, maybe a pwc or small trailer? another option is...
Back