Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Spark Plug Gapping Question

Getting 15.5 mpg today On a nother topic, I want to turn off the AWD doing the BWM but it looks like up Mounty owners cant do it?
  2. J

Spark Plug Gapping Question

I changed mine this past friday on the 4.0 Old plug had a gap near 8.0 The odometer reads 102000, I am the second owner and am almost sure these are the originals. What a struggle to get them out ! Ive read on here that people have trouble removing the plug on the pasenger side near the...
  3. J

Class III frame hitch that fits into the existing 1-1/2" hitch?

It kicks the V6 ass but gets the job done
  4. J

Trailer lights partially working

There is power under the hood at the trailer blinker relays but its not getting to the plugs at the rear through the loom going the length of the mounty. I checked it with a multi-meter The only fuses I can find and check are under dash- trailer tow battery charge- 5 amp under the hood-...
  5. J

Class III frame hitch that fits into the existing 1-1/2" hitch?

Heres mine pulling this
  6. J

Bought 2 new relays today. The ones under the hood are good and theres power to that box and I hear it blinking All fuses are good. Theres power going to the parking lights on the trailer but its not getting to the relays in the back
  7. J

I have this plug going to the trailer and only get the parking lights working. and electric brakes No blinkers or brake lights. I checked all fuses, under the dash and the hood. Pulled the RR quater panel off know witch ones are for the trailer but not sure if they are good Under...
  8. J

drop hitch strength when flipped

much better now
  9. J

Thanks. I flipped it today. good thing I looked at it. I went out with a pipe wrench and a breaker bar ready to do battle and it turnes out that the nut was hand loose. Good thing it had a cotter pin through the stem
  10. J

This is the one
  11. J

I now have a 3 inch drop hitch with a 2 5/8 ball on it. I need alittle more clearance. Can I flip the hitch so its a rise instead of a drop and flip the ball? Whats the structual side affects if any. Thanks
  12. J

U Haul Class 3 upgrade

I dont think it would be worth the gas from NY!
  13. J

U Haul Class 3 upgrade

THe class 2 is bolted on. You can see that in my pictures. I searched car-parts.com for over a week for a class 3 hitch and came up empty in my area The price isnt too bad for 140.00
  14. J

U Haul Class 3 upgrade

A breif histoiry to this thread. I have a Jeep that I need to tow to off road events and have been flat towing with the class 2 hitch. Its now time to get the jeep up on a trailer to reduce the wear and tear of the moving parts. I found this ad on Craigs List "I'd like to find a place to...
  15. J

another trailer wiring question

Now that I have a class 3 that hangs off the class 2 hitch and is bolted into the frame rails. Is it a clas 3 or class 4? It seems that it would be twice as strong as the class 2plus some Pics soon
  16. J

You are a life saver!!! After days of looking for the plug you sent me right to it. I hooked the controller up. I thought all was ok until the brakes still didnt work. No power to the plug. I removed the tail light again an looked at the wires. Blue is in the loom at the plug but not on the...
  17. J

My tow vehicle is a 02 Mercury Mountaineer with the factory tow package. It came stock with a class 2 hitch and a 4 pin connector. I went to Uhaul today and ordered a class 3 hitch that mounts to the class 2 hitch. It kind of sits under and in the original hitch. My battle today was with...
  18. J

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

Yes They are just not in this picture. It was the first day of the set up before I bought chains and towed. Exactly how strong are the smaller size receiver hitches?
  19. J

Yes They are just not in this picture. It was the first day of the set up before I bought cjains and towed. Exactly how strong are the smaller size receiver hitches?
  20. J

Hi. First post. I am just looking for reasurance on my tow set up 02 Mounty, stock 1 1/4" ? receiver flat towing 3200 pound Jeep What do you think? Safe?
Back