Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Engine running rough, sporatic idle

CASE CLOSED, did some more searching on the e3 plugs and found that 5 out of 6 people using the e3 plugs had problems with them on ford engines. I wasted yesterday pulling the cat to check for a non existent clog and I was about to give up. So I put the cat back on and as a last resort went out...
  2. F

I cleaned the IAC valve last night and it did nothing, the intake was caked with carbon buildup though and I now plan to clean up a spare intake I have and switch them out and regasket it. Its raining out right now otherwise i'd start taking out the exhaust to check the cat. The previous owner...
  3. F

I did the test myself, but I guess I didn't floor the petal enough. does that have much effect on pulling codes? I will clean the IAC tomorrow and I am also taking off the cat to see if its clogged. there is almost no smoke coming out of the exhaust at all, and I beat it with a ball peen hammer...
  4. F

went and got this code scanned at Oreilly auto, got these codes: DTC 411 (R) Idle speed system not controlling idle properly (generally idle too high) - ISC DTC 412 (R) Idle speed system not controlling idle properly (generally idle too low) - ISC 538 (R) System did not receive "goose"...
  5. F

With 230,000 on the odo and it being somewhat neglected in the maintenance department, I recently decided to do the plugs in my ex and to run seafoam through it to clean it up. It would ping while going up hills and on the freeway so I thought this would help it out. well I put in the new plugs...
  6. F

New James Duff Ex lift

if you can get a word on the final pricing and maybe an exact date for when they come back to powder that would be perfect. I am anticipating on some cash coming back to me in a month or so and would love to get one of my trucks lifted this summer and make it a bit easier to sas down the road.
  7. F

New James Duff Ex lift

do you know when duff will start selling these buckets? and how much more $$ are they going to be compared to the buckets they already have on the shelf?
  8. F

Gas Tanks

has anyone tried to swap tanks between two first gens and been successful? ie swap in a 1st gen 4 door tank into 1st gen sport. I think I may have a small leaking problem in my sport and I happen to have a 4 door tank laying around. dropping tanks is a pain and if someone has already attempted...
  9. F

Bare Frame Build-Up...

if your working with the frame off the vehicle, id fab up a better rear shock mount system and eliminate that bulky crossmember where the spare tire winch and junk goes. I also am going to tell you to go with either a skyjacker or duff brackets. I personally haven't seen the duff brackets, but...
  10. F

Half Doors - Latest Project . . . Teaser

those doors look amazing. I might have to do something like this, having an extra set of doors and all.
  11. F

89 ranger exteneded cab "blue"

it didnt really fit with the rest of the truck so I took it back, I used the bumper on my sport. I'm gonna paint match an explorer grille and put it on the truck.
  12. F

"Little Blue" my new 92 explorer sport DD

Got some new stuff, so ill update this again. I bought a pioneer premier DEH510UB, which is now being discontinued by pioneer cause they're dropping the premier line. It got dual USB inputs, an AUX input, front, rear and sub high power pre-outs, remote and OEL display. its too bad these aren't...
  13. F

89 ranger exteneded cab "blue"

just a small update, got a new set of wheels a few months back and finally got them mounted on my swampers. I also made a few other purchases for the truck.... upcoming mods: Diy4x 7/8" ez bricks for my 63" chevy leaves 6" skyjacker front lift waiting on daystar poly bushings...
  14. F

not much to add, been saving a big chunk of money to go back to school and to get my SAS started on my pickup when I go back so mods to the sport have been fairly cheap and easy. Got a few cans of duplicolor trim paint and painted a bunch of stuff: the OHC was grey and the overhead...
  15. F

Bumper opinions?

do you know how much weight this added to the front? I don't think I saw any mention of that, I plan on making a bumper out of 3/16 also cause its the thickest metal my welder can weld on a single pass and I don't want anything too heavy.
  16. F

LD50 Full-size axle thread `93 Ex

I say go for the second one, it puts added strength right where you cracked the weld on your housing. the first one looks cool, but I dunno if he plated the bottom too or just the top with sheet. it looks unnecessarily big too, I think out towards the ends he could have eliminated the need to...
  17. F

Lift, 33's, fender, sag/lean

maybe get some new torsion keys? that might even out the front and allow you to crank them up evenly. also maybe you could move some weight in the rig ie: move the battery to the opposite sides of the rig(ex. from FR to LR), remove some unnecessary parts, make some new inner fenders to clear the...
  18. F

FINALLY..... I finally scrounged up some extra dough and got this kit. the old stuff was pretty torn up. right after I pulled it out and away it just imploded and shat everything into a few pieces. I eyeballed the shifter length and I added that spacer that comes with...
  19. F

93 XLT Dana 44 front axle swap. (I NEED HELP PLEASE).

Dannyboy: I'm almost positive that the 78-79 d44 hp's have the cast in wedge that has the c and everything as one hollow piece. if he sets the wedge at 5" in he will need a custom shaft. he couldn't use an EB length. OP: you'll have to use a high nickel rod to weld it back in place once...
  20. F

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

I don't know if this has been posted yet but............ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il85E-ms-44 NSFW AUDIO.
  21. F

Homemade shackles

I quickly made an ms paint idea for a set of shackles I'd like to build for my sport. I'm making them stock length, I can't run extended shackles cause they'll hit my tow hitch I have on the rig. I'm mostly wanting to make these cause I have the material, I need something to do and I want some...
  22. F

Kirby's Spare Time Sucker.... 1995 Full Size Bronco Solid Axle Swap

I thought that the lower coil buckets had a retainer for the coil? or is it in there and I am not seeing it?
  23. F

Kirby's Spare Time Sucker.... 1995 Full Size Bronco Solid Axle Swap

It looks like the coil is going to pop out in this pic
  24. F

battery not charging?

I let it sit overnight the last 2 nights and still nothing. I'll try this and (crossesfingers) hope this works.
Back