Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

V6 vs V8

I have been looking around for an 05 explorer. I plan on lifting it and putting on some 33 or 35 inch tires. Most of the explorers for sale around me are V 6's. I feel like I need to go with a V8. I guess mostly because that's what I have in my 96 explorer. So for those of you with V6's...
  2. U

Custom Made & Forum Decals Stickers Back on Sale

If you post the link I would buy them. Over the years I have had a lot of people comment on the Jeep sticker.
  3. U

35s!

I would love to do 35's any updates
  4. U

Custom Made & Forum Decals Stickers Back on Sale

What about the front window sticker that said explorer, and the one that said "Jeep you realize Barbie drives one. I need to replace the ones I bought 6 or 7 years ago.
  5. U

Why not buy new leaf springs to fix sagging rear end?

Price update I just ordered a pair and it was 325 a pair for the 2 inch lift, but I guess after 8 years they are allowed to go up on the price.
  6. U

Truck is sagging 2 inches on drivers side

Just to be clear the front and back of my truck are both two inches lower on the drivers side. Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?
  7. U

Truck is sagging 2 inches on drivers side

Several years ago I did the Warrior shackles, add a leaf, T.T and a 3 inch body lift. About a month ago I notice my the front of my truck seems to be sagging on the drivers side. I measured and found it to be 2 inches lower on the drivers side since. That is how high I went with the T.T. so I...
  8. U

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Worked great but now I did this repair but now my blower motor only works when it wants. I must have knocked something loose when I did the repair. Any ideas where I should look to fix the blower motor?
  9. U

Help me before I put a match in my gas tank

So I got up early today to tackle that sensor, figured I would drive to AutoZone and get some lube of some sort for the o-ring. I got to the bottom of my street and stopped to fix my radio presets. While parked there with my foot on the brake pedal I heard a hiss as the brake petal went all...
  10. U

Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor I did manage to get the sensor out, turns out it is the fuel tank pressure sensor. I changed out the fuel pump and started to put everything back together. I am now trying to put this sensor back in and it is even harder to get in than it was to get out. On the...
  11. U

Last Tuesday I was driving someplace and pulled over and shut off my truck so I could send a text. When I was done the truck wouldn't start, well it did start for about ten seconds but just kind of putted until it died,. I got towed home and the next day borrowed a code reader. I got the...
  12. U

Camshaft Synchronizer tool 84-8400T

Autozone loans them out I work at Autozone and at my store we have one in the loan a tool program. I am not sure if all Autozones carry this but go to the Autozone website and look it up. I know it's to late for you but if anybody does a search this information might save them some money.
  13. U

pa 853 lift X

I have a 96 Explorer also and last month I put in the kit no welding. I only had two issues, first the front body mounts were stuck on real bad. It took a torch and a lot of time to get them off. As for lowering the radiator there was no way to get the drivers side drop bracket on witout...
  14. U

Fender Flares for 96 Explorer?

The only website I can find that sells them wants 325 for shipping, thats crazy. I tried to contact them at sales@polyperformance.com and the email came back as undeliverable. I think I might have to forget about these between the very high shipping cost and the fact that they cannot receive...
  15. U

I have a four door and was wondering about the install. First, do you just install the panel over the door as is, if so how does the door handle work? Second, do you cut or trim any metal off the back or just bolt the rear quarters right onto the truck as is?
  16. U

Where do you purchase these, it seems like all the sites listed don't sell them.
  17. U

Will these work with the stock bumper? I don't like the style that they have on the website.
  18. U

I like the look of those, does anybody know how hard it would be to install them?
  19. U

I was thinking of a set of 4 fender flares, but if you know of a place with wider fenders for sale I could check that out.
  20. U

I wanted to add a set of fender flares but I can only seem to find the cheap univerals rubber kind. Does anybody know a company that makes good fender flares for the Explorers?
  21. U

Help with bumper brackets

While checking today I was able to see all the pictures that I could not see before. Not sure if it was something they did here on the website or a Microsoft patch. But I know have the pictures I was looking for, thanks for all your help.
  22. U

These are the only two pictures I can see, I think it has to do with the fact that I am running Windows7.
  23. U

Thanks for the answer, now I am just hoping somebody can post a picture with some measurements.
  24. U

Do the brackets that come with the kit for the rear work? I still have them but thought I read someplace that they didn't work on a 96.
  25. U

I am looking for something with measurements so I can have them made for me.
Back