Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

air baggin'

has anyone put air bags on their first generation x, or seen and x with air bags on it?
  2. 9

running carbs?

so are you saying that a 289 or 302 will hook up directly to the tranny that is already in my truck? I don't know what my tranny is (it's the stock tranny). thanks for the help. -troy
  3. 9

running carbs?

I see a lot of people who are putting 302's in explorers, but I was wondering if anyone has wondering if anyone has put in anything else like maybe a 289? Also is anyone running a carburated engine, or are they all later models with FI? -troy
  4. 9

Auto vs. Manual

I've noticed almost the opposite from my truck. from a dead stop my truck barely moves, but once it has some gas then it picks up fine. Well it picks up until I get to third gear. -troy
  5. 9

Auto vs. Manual

it does seem like my engine "chatters" a lot. I don't know if this means that I need to adjust the valves, or is it something like replacing the rocker arms and assembly.
  6. 9

Auto vs. Manual

I have been noticing that under hard accleration my 92 XLT 2wd is good in first and second, but when I get to third it feels like the engine has hit a brick wall. I watch the tack slooooowlly crawl up about 100rpm every minute(well I guess it just seems like that). Is it the gearing in the...
  7. 9

burnt out tail lights?

I got it back from the shop today, and they had to replace the hazard light switch in the steering coloum. They said that the previous owner must have had the same problem because the said that it looked like the wiring had been like ghetto-rigged. But anyway all is well for now....good old...
  8. 9

lift in the front?

what do I do to get the cheaper price? Would it be through a group buy?
  9. 9

lift in the front?

has anyone used the daystar spacer kit? will the ranger kit fit the explorer? thanks for the help. -troy
  10. 9

burnt out tail lights?

like I said all my fuses were good. I'm going to take it to a shop and see what's going on I guess. -troy
  11. 9

interchangable parts?

*MAS sorry about the misprint
  12. 9

interchangable parts?

how many parts for the 4.0L in the '91-94' X's are interchangeable with other engine parts? I mean such as MAF and throttle bodies and what not. -troy
  13. 9

lift in the front?

I can see how the shakels work in the back on the leaf springs, but how do you lift the front of the truck? I have a 2wd 92 XLT, so I don't have any torsion bars to lift the front. So what do you use to lift the front up? -troy
  14. 9

burnt out tail lights?

how do I check for a short? that is hwat I'm thinking would be the most likely culprit.
  15. 9

burnt out tail lights?

the brake lights on my 92 XLT are no longer working. they signal, I have reverse lights, and light as parking lights but when I push the brake pedal I get nothing. the light above the glass is working fine though. I checked all the fuses, and they are all good to go. I tried replacing the...
  16. 9

even out my 92?

Yeah...sorry about that mistake. I don't really want to lower the rear, I would rather raise the front to match the rear. Would replacing my front springs with the 4x4 springs make a difference? Are there spacers that I might be able to use? I'm not really sure about what to do now. Thanks...
  17. 9

even out my 92?

They are still really tight, and seem good. Is there a chance that the tow package raises the rear end more than and ex without the tow package?
  18. 9

even out my 92?

I was wondering if anyone knew what I need to even out the front and rear heights on my 92 two wheel drive XLT? I hate that the back is higher than the rear. Also, after evening it out would this cause any problems if I want to lift it anymore later on? I really hope that somebody can help...
  19. 9

4.0SOHC BLOWER!!! AND MORE MODS!?

Turbo and Nitrous I'm really new to the explorer, but I have one question about turbo charging the 4.0L engine. My 92 two wheel drive automatic X shifts at about 4500 RPM (does this sound correct?). With such a low reving engine turbos seem to not make a whole lot of sense to me. With the...
  20. 9

302, 351, 429?

Does anyone know how big of a block you can fit into the 91-94 chasis? Also, what type of transmission would you have to run? I'm completely new to the explorer, but I'm hopefully getting a lot of help from my friend who is a big mustang guy. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the...
  21. 9

92 4x2 lifts?

Does anyone know any good places to look for body/suspention lifts online? Also does anyone have any recomendations for kits for a 92 4x2 xlt? Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks. -troy
Back