Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

New EX!!!!

Got a 2000 4x4 sport the other day and just love it. I sold the 96 I had to a friend for $1200. It had 260,000 miles but ran great. Bought the 2000 with only 115000 miles for $1500 and everything works so much better. I dont think the guy new what he was selling. I have found a few annoying...
  2. W

flooded interior

I have been a member of this site for a while but have not posted anything because i find what i need so fast on here. Just bought my second explorer and i love it more than the first. I notice a wet ring shaped stain on the ceiling and figured it was the sunroof. I was right, the tubes...
  3. W

My vehicles doesn't start when it's hot, but will start when it cools down.

yea, I would try a new one. the other could be bad too. they're cheap so its ok.
  4. W

My vehicles doesn't start when it's hot, but will start when it cools down.

fuel pump relay! I promise. Its a little black, cube looking, fuse under the hood with all the other fuses. Its cheap and I have to get a new one about every two years.
  5. W

This site is great

fuel filter is new, pressure regulator is new, fuel pump was replaced before I got it, but Ive heard that before. I can hear it prime though. I will get a pressure gauge tomorrow and let you all know. thanks for the responses.
  6. W

This site is great

Ok so the site is great but the explorer will only crank when it wants to. What is this? It cranks and runs beautifully sometimes, other times it leaves me stranded and when I return hours later it cranks fine. I have read a few suggestions on here but dont know what to follow. It turns over...
  7. W

This site is great

I bought an Ex about a year ago and have been getting all my info off this site, but this is my first post. I only recently had trouble starting my x and didnt know why. I read on here for about two days and eventually replaced the fuel pressure regulator. It runs like a charm now. I wil update...
Back