Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

So right about TMH and intake spacer...

Finally took the plunge and bought myself some TMH and an intake spacer and all I can say is ...WOW! Hope the tunner I'm getting next month will give me that "seat of the pants" feel the headers did. (I know the install will be easier). Just wanted to say "Thanks" to the people of this site and...
  2. F

battery first?

Are you gonna be running the stereo alot with the vehicle off?
  3. F

DPFE bypass??

Replaced it 3 times now and I'm just getting tired of it. Unfortunatlly for me I make a lot of short trips to and from work so I'm sure it's getting a build up of water in it. Every so often I wil unplug the hoses and let it sit for a couple hours but even that gets old.....On to my question, Is...
  4. F

1992 f250 Plow truck issues... Manual locking hub gurus? Need help!

Are you needing to get the spindal nut off? Dou you need a 4 prong socket? http://www.oly4x4.com/onepart.php?id=3836616
  5. F

Should be able to get it out with a pick. It's just a big spring clip.
  6. F

Did you remove the big retaining ring that fits in the grove of the hub assembly? that is what holds that part of the unit in...It fits in a channel thats machined into the hub....Hope I explained this okay...
  7. F

do heated mirrors melt ice or just defog?

Is all the wiring already in the door to put these on if I don't already have them? These would come in handy in North Dakota.
  8. F

Military guy here

16+ years Air Force stationed in Grand Forks ND, welcome.
  9. F

95 Fuel pump interchange 2dr vs 4dr

From what I've found all pumps are the same from 95-01. http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductGuide.aspx?mfrcode=ATN&mfrpartnumber=E2471
  10. F

It's time... GEARS?!?!

First gens are TTB these are for IFS...are you sure their not right?
  11. F

Here's one for all you Exploder heads (help!)

Any codes? It may indeed be bad gas. You may have some water in the tank an after your fill up it mixed it up enough to run okay. Before you look into any big repairs try running some HEET through the tank.
  12. F

It's time... GEARS?!?!

Try this out: http://completeoffroad.com/c-65123-dana-35-rp-sets-reverse-ifs.html Dana 35 IFS Reverse rotation gears.
  13. F

96 sport rear windows? & lowered X shock recommendation

I believe you will be good on the side windows but you will have to do a rear hatch swap to use the back window. I run these shocks and love them. They will make the fronts custom to your ride height. You can use the factory length in the rear as the mounting points don't change...
  14. F

Tyre Pressures

I know the proper pressure is 35psi but I like mine at about 32.
  15. F

F#%k, mouse infestation

Kaboom with Oxyclean got the smell of dead Hooker out of my trunk....Hope this helps.:D
  16. F

Need shocks for my Explorer -- Help!

Those shocks won't work...this should help you out. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213238
  17. F

New wheels, new spacers...new vibration

Nevermind Apparently my buddy that was helping me decided to torque one nut then put the others on. When I losened the spacer bolts it fell into place...All is good.
  18. F

New wheels, new spacers...new vibration

I finally got my wheels mounted/balanced and my (lug-centric) spacers put on and now I'm getting a vibration at around 60mph and above (it shakes my steering wheel). Has anyone had any problems with these spacers? I thought that hub centric would be the way to go but this is what USwheeladapter...
  19. F

Aftermarket Grilles

Other than the fact that the Sport grills are painted there is no difference.
  20. F

First Exterior Mods

Change the headlights/tail lights, remove body moulding/pinstripes, paint grill, new wheels...................
  21. F

Visible sparking!

Pull that plug wire and inspect it...sounds like it has a tear. Also check the vehicle body ground cables.
  22. F

Sparkplugs Go Platinum or go home?

I normally run Autolites in everything but recently (before the Horse Power episode) I switched to the E3's. Engine runs smooth and haven't had a problem so far. Not saying you should rush out and buy them but they seem like a decent plug. **I'm staying away from Bosh though...I have had...
  23. F

Goodbye Explorer

I use to think you were pretty cool Joe.......after said comments were mad I have taken you off my Christmas mailing list. Back on topic tell us how you like the car once you get some miles on it.
  24. F

Goodbye Explorer

Please don't make me come to the defense of roast beef....Hello....Arbys. And just for the record I myself am a true blue blood. Had Fords all my life and I always will. That doesn;t mean I downgrade what others drive......You put a wing and a fart can on that Hundai then I might:D
Back