Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

No crank, no start... SOLVED/Thanks!

Ok, talk about timing. Same thing here. Except the truck is in a Bagel shop parking lot 😊 My step daughter is driving my 2006 Explorer. 4.6 L 130,000 miles. New starter about 18 months ago, 5000 miles ago (the kid uses it when she is home from college). It’s 27 degrees here right now. She had...
  2. R

Finding Keyless Entry Code 02 Sport Trac

I dreaded the idea of pulling out my passenger side airbag and all that work, so I loved without my door code since I got my 2001 ST in December. But then I saw this thread.....and I thought, "what the hell, if it doesn't work and the code isn't there, I wasted five minutes". Well, I didn't...
  3. R

reverse camera wiring

I know that it has been a few years since this question was asked, but I figure I'll answer it since I faced the same quest this afternoon. It is a black wire with a pink stripe. The problem is in my 2001 Explorer Sport Trac, there are five different black/pink wires in the wiring bundle...
  4. R

Just replaced the Blend Door Actuator on my Gen IV

I'm with you, this site saved me hours of work, or hundreds of dollars......either way, it really helped me out. Ron
  5. R

ABS Traction Control Problem

For what it is worth, we replaced one, then had to replace the other one a few months later. Do a code scan and see if it is still the same wheel.
  6. R

Change 1 Tire?

I'll check the wear on the pair of tires on the front and compare that to the new tread depth. Thanks for the details on why this is so important. My wife doesn't put a lot of miles on this truck, which is probably a good thing with the price of gas nowadays. And you were right about the...
  7. R

Change 1 Tire?

I did some further research and followed some advice I saw on a few web pages....the same advice I give people every day, RTFM. So, I pulled out the ol' Ford Explorer manual in the glovebox, and this is what it says... Remember to replace the wheel valve stems when the road tires are replaced...
  8. R

Change 1 Tire?

Now here's a funny one.....after seeing some people's responses, I went to our local Goodyear and left the truck with instructions to replace the two tires. I went to Goodyear as they had the same make and model tire that is already on the truck. I came back an hour later when it was promised...
  9. R

Change 1 Tire?

My wife called me and told me she got a flat. Turns out she didn't get a flat, she had a blowout. She hit a pothole and blew the tire. So we need to replace the tire. I'd hate to waste a perfectly good tire on the other side if I don't have to. I'd like to buy one, but my dad always told me...
  10. R

My wife drives a 2006 Explorer XLT and I replaced hers a few years ago following the instructions I found here. It took me around an hour or so. I bought the part on Amazon and spent about $40-$50 USD.
  11. R

Changing Blend Door Actuator in 2006 Explorer

My wife used her rear seat heating for some time before I found a thread here about replacing the blend door. I wondered why anyone would want rear seat heating when we bought the truck......but it sure made my life easier when the blend door malfunctioned. Without that rear seat heat, I would...
  12. R

Abs, traction control, and wrench light on ?

Do yourself a favor and replace both Tone Rings......we replaced the passenger side rear tone ring a year ago on my wife's '06 Explorer......and the driver's side this week. The parts are cheap $26 at my Ford dealer, and it sure beats getting your hands dirty twice.
  13. R

ABS Traction Control Problem

I know this is an older thread, but I thought I would add one thing to this post. If you have this issue with one wheel, you might consider replacing both when it crops up. My wife's 06 Explorer had this issue late in 2011, we replaced the passenger side ring and all was good.....until about 9...
  14. R

When it first started on my wife's truck, this is what it sounded like. When it first started, I found that if we turned the temp control all the way to cold, waited a few seconds, then went all the way to hot, it would sometimes catch and work, bringing heat back to the cabin. After a while...
  15. R

ABS & Wrench lights on Solid ???

I had a similar issue last month. It was the tone ring. it was a $24 part from my dealer. My nephew dd the install for me, he had to take the whole knuckle apart to get at it too. Amazing how such an inexpensive part can be so damn difficult to replace. My nephew had diagnoised it...
  16. R

As a followup to my post a month or so ago.....The wife's Explorer is still putting out glorious heat every morning. No clicks or anything. Thanks for everyone's help. Now I need to research the damn ABS, Wrench and Anti-Skid light triple play.......
  17. R

To all who have posted about this issue before, thank you. I followed the instructions on my wife's 2006 Explorer and replaced her blend door actuator today. It took me about 45 minutes. Heat now works. I got rid of two noises with this one repair.....the click, click, click sound from the...
  18. R

Installed Pioneer AVIC-U310BT in 2006 Explorer

Ordered it on Thursday. Looks like it is $261.99 as of two minutes ago. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FL4XL4/ref=oss_product Ron
  19. R

Installed Pioneer AVIC-U310BT in 2006 Explorer

The boss (Wife) had the stock 6 CD changer in her 2006 Explorer. She wanted a new radio that would allow her to listen to her iPod and have Bluetooth for her phone. I also wanted to add GPS, since if I was going to replace the darn thing, I may as well give her all the functions she might...
  20. R

2006 Explorer - Ghost Turns Radio on

You know, I saw that link a few months ago when we got her Explorer.....I had run the VIN then and never noticed if the remote start was on it. I just checked again and remote start was NOT on the window sticker. Ron
  21. R

NO, it is the standard 4 button Ford Remote that I have seen on many Fords. It works with the lock button on the remote. You press it once to lock the truck. The second time you press the lock button, it beeps once and starts the truck. I am not sure if this was an OEM or aftermarket...
  22. R

Ford made things right by me Finally got the truck back to the dealer. I got a call from the service writer that morning. It seems that my Ford OEM remote start was not working, and it would cost me some minimum charge for them to diagnose it. That is funny on two points: 1. We...
  23. R

Thanks for the input folks. Yes, it is certified, so it will be going back. I just didn't want to bring it back and have them say, "Gee, all you have to do is push this here thingy and it is fixed." I'll let you know what they find. Ron
  24. R

Yup, the windows can be rolled down when this happens. I don't know what it means, but it seems to mean something to you :) Thanks.
  25. R

Good morning, We have a 2006 Explorer XLT with a V8. We just got it three weeks ago, bought it from our local Ford Dealer as a certified used vehicle. A few times we have come back to the truck after ducking into the store and found that while the truck is all locked, the...
Back