Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

4.0l to Np435 conversion

yup. 6.69:1 1st gear i love this thread. my 302/np435/205 swap is currently held up by snow and frigid temperatures. stinkin michigan. i cant wait till april. i also love the ridiculous bending ya have to do to be able to get into 1st/rev without hitting the dash/console. been thinking of...
  2. M

carb w/ stock tach

ok, so i finally got the carbed 302/ 4spd in my 94 (pics to come) so i have completely ditched the computer. i need to know how i am going to get the tach at least close to accurate. there are 4 posts on the back of the tach whirch read sig, grd, b+, and 8cyl. i have searched quite a bit and...
  3. M

The Fun Begins

no testing in MI!
  4. M

engine won't crank, 1 month after $500 "tune up"

shes fine. she wrecked the safest vehicle on the road. :) she was 16 at the time and was going way too fast on a day that her car couldnt make it to work in the snow. sigh. the scursion was a beast. it was so fun to drive.
  5. M

The Fun Begins

so here's a little background: I had to pull a trailer home from college and i overheated the tranny. the gauge pegged at 250 when we were to the point where i didn't care about it anymore. it had given me problems in the past anyway. so now the purple panda has sat in the driveway for a...
  6. M

Dash Lights Issue

wouldnt it just be the bulbs if some of them still light up? if the switch was bad, wouldnt they all cut out?
  7. M

engine won't crank, 1 month after $500 "tune up"

excursions are the ****. i drove the family's to college for a semester since nobody else drove it and loved it. i could easily fit 6-7 people and a semesters worth of crap. then.. my sister rolled it. gr. but on to the ex. i had bad connections in the fuse box at that relay. i pinched the...
  8. M

Rear axle seal??

well, made it home... blew the tranny... time to start puttin the 302/np435/np205 swap together....its been layin in the garage just waiting for something to push me to do it.... maybe time to start a build thread... :)
  9. M

Rear axle seal??

i meant that i put no additional grease on the bearing.. as instructed by hodges... im not worried about it being lubed...
  10. M

Adam and Steves 1986 Bronco II

subscribing. i like it.
  11. M

Rear axle seal??

seal replaced. no grease on the bearings. ran out of break cleaner..... ****. well, itll get buttoned up tomorrow. all that is left is putting the new shoes on and refilling the pig. i cant believe how flawlessly this went. even the drain plug and retaining bolt came out without struggle.
  12. M

Rear axle seal??

Tony: yea, in september, i replaced everything on the axle brake wise. even the cylinders. thats a real kick to the teeth since everything is still relatively new. and good call on the fill plug and hose. wouldnt have thought about the plug. Eric: I'll be sure to order the bearings from...
  13. M

Rear axle seal??

well, bearings are 20 bucks a piece... and i dont have a slide hammer... im just replacing the one seal since its cheap... once i get home and start my summer work, i'll replace the bearings and seals on both sides.. if i get it apart and i find the bearing is shot, then i will go to the brake...
  14. M

Rear axle seal??

yea, i knew the shoes were shot. well, the seal is gettin replaced along with the shoes and whatnot. i thought id replace the bearings too, but at $20 a pop, ill just hold off. lots of brake cleaner... and a new bolt for the carrier.
  15. M

Rear axle seal??

thanks eric. youve given me the confidence to tear into my axle on finals week. i just wish it was on my own terms... maybe with an aussie on hand......
  16. M

Rear axle seal??

its still up for debate. the seal will probably be replaced tomorrow... (dad's hinting for it) im reading like crazy on how to do it... its just intimidationg taking apart my rear axle 3 days before i have to move out of my apartment and make a long trip home. last year, i had to leave my...
  17. M

Rear axle seal??

thats what i was thinkin. ive read that theres a bolt in the carrier thats prone to break, and i dont have a whole bunch of time to blow on it since i have to study and pack... driving across the u.p. shouldnt be a huge problem with 3wheel brakes.
  18. M

Rear axle seal??

alright, well its exam week here at Michigan Tech and ya know what that means! summer break! well, i have to drive 8 hrs home, so over the past few days ive been goin over the ex to make sure shes up for the challenge of pullin all my furniture home. well, all was good (cept front u...
  19. M

foglight mod

o..... neat-o :-D
  20. M

window motor

no kidding. thanks
  21. M

window motor

the motor from my 93 sport parts truck didnt work on my 94xlt on the back doors.... the 93 used a cable system, while the 94 used an arm system... that might just be for the back doors tho...havent ripped into the fronts since i havent had to....yet...
  22. M

foglight mod

whaaa? you mean just putting foglights on? putting xenon bulbs in them?
  23. M

aftermarket temp gauge

bust out the test light. there's all sorts of wires in there that are for the instrument lights... if your gauge is on your a-pillar, it would pry be easiest to just go right behind the headlight switch.
  24. M

Tach does not work at all

either way, you're gonna have to pull the cluster. just start simple and get the needle where it needs to be.. even if you have to solder the board, its not a big deal..
  25. M

need to get started

low range.... is your friend.. search around... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152071
Back