Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

How to: Install new Upstream O2 Sensors

I just changed these on mine. Pulled the battery, hooked it back up. Check Engine Light came back on today with 3 codes Lean Bank 1 Lean Bank 2 Cayalyst Efficiency Low - Bank 1 I used these parts: Upstream O2 (Both Sides) Bosch #13117 Downstream Bosch #15718 I've had a few...
  2. C

Very hard to turn Steering Wheel (Power Steering?)

That "clicking" is your AC Compressor. It's normal, always does it.
  3. C

'99 explorer transmission bucks

I had an issue "similar" to that, with the bucking then stops when put into 4x4. Replaced my hub bearings and that was solved.
  4. C

Need help with my V8 swap

Be sure to post some pics and vids when you get it running.
  5. C

Overdrive shifting rough at highway speed

Mine was doing the same thing. 60MPH I was doing about 3000RPM instead of my normal 2000RPM. A grand later replaced broken bands, solenoids, and torque converter, etc.
  6. C

1999 Ford Explorer:Braided fuel line that leads into the fuel filter

When doing work with my Fuel Pump, I broke the braided line too, I just replaced it with Fuel Injection hose from NAPA and used some good clamps on it.
  7. C

EVAP Canister - More than two connectors? [UPDATE]

--- UPDATE --- Alright; well I went ahead and pulled the EVAP Canisters off the truck. I disconnected the two steel EVAP Lines, and the electrical connector. However, the area circled in Red, nothing was connecting to it. I would guess that a hose of some sort is supossed to be going...
  8. C

The holder itself is plastic, yep. Did yours have a vac line or anything going to it? or just the two metal tubes?
  9. C

Here is a picture of the EVAP Canister. The only two "outside" connections coming into are the two steel/metal lines in the bottom right of the picture. Is that all their is supposed to be? In the Hanes manual it looks like in one of the photos that a vac line also goes into it, but I...
  10. C

Airbag Light Flashes. Don't Care About Airbag, Just Want Light OFF!!!!

Mine used to flash 3 7 occasionally. I just took contact cleaner and cleaned the terminals under the passenger seat.
  11. C

"Overdrive Off" light flashing

I tired that with my 2000 Explorer a while back, just turning off the Overdrive before leaving the house, got about 5 miles and it started flashing at me. I haven't tried the starting off in 2nd, then shifting it into Drive.
  12. C

Vacuum Line Replacement / Lean Bank

Replaced the DPFE Sensor today, and the vacuum line going to the fuel vapor system under the battery compartment. Rerouted the house to keep the "hard plastic" away from the engine heat a bit. The orange hoses coming off the DPFE are "Silicon Vacuum Hose". The guy at NAPA said they would...
  13. C

"Overdrive Off" light flashing

This is also happening on my '00 Sport. No check engine codes related to the transmission, or power train. Right before mine comes on, I'm usually accelerating and going from 2nd into 3rd. Does a hard shift into third, and then when slowing down it does another hard shift from 3rd to 2nd...
  14. C

The DPFE itself is physically broken. I was going to be replacing that, the DPFE hoses, and that vac line before I moved on to troubleshooting any further to see if that is indeed the root of all of my check engine codes. I'll take a look under the battery compartment to see if I can find...
  15. C

Symptoms: P0171 P0174 Possbile Bad EGR Valve Bad DPFE Sensor Large EVAP Leak So, after getting the check engine codes I pretty much have 5 codes I'm dealing with. After looking around under the hood I have noticed that the DPFE/"EGR Valve Pressure Feedback Sensor"(NAPA) does...
  16. C

Swapping 01 V8 into 2000 V6

Alright, after some more digging, I was able to find some type of article that mentions the location of the PATS Module. According to what I can find, it is located behind the passenger air bag. Can anyone confirm?
  17. C

Everything that I can tell from reading, especially on the Keyless Entry threads, that the computer module that has the sticker that displays the Keyless Entry Code, etc, is the RAP? From what I can gather they're not the same. I am having a hardtime online searching for where the PATS Module...
  18. C

When I bought my current Explorer off Craigslist, I only got the one key. I haven't picked up the donor yet, so I don't know how many keys are ith it. I am using one of the doors off the Donor Explorer on mine. I thought the computer module in the left rear quarter panel was the RAP Module?
  19. C

From reading the "All you need to know about PATS", The two explorers I have both have a Stand-Alone PATS Module, which from what I can gather is located inside the steering column. That is the module I would have to swap over, correct?
  20. C

PATS Module = Ignition?
  21. C

Correct me if I'm wrong. The current keys on the V6 would not work after the GEM Module is swapped? The X now is V6 4WD going to the V8 AWD.
  22. C

I was able to get my hands on a 2001 XLT with a V8 in an effort to replace my blown 4.0L SOHC on my 2000 XLT. I know I have to use the PCM, Engine Bay Harness, V8 Intake, Engine, Transmission, Transfercase, and maybe the complete exhaust setup. With swapping over the PCM, will I need to...
  23. C

Help with Engine Swap (St. Louis Area)

I'm looking for someone who can help me out with swapping out my 4.0L SOHC Engine with another 4.0L SOHC Engine. Old motor is shot, I'll have one with 87k miles on it ready to go in this weekend. I'm currently out of work as I do not have a running vehicle, so I don't have a lot of money...
Back